DVLA Provisional license application stuck at a waiting application form?

Watch
Caleblaw
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I applied for my provisional license at the start of June, it’s now been about 5 weeks since I sent my application form off with my identification documents.
I applied online but don’t have a passport so I needed to send some more information.

On the dvla website where I can track my applications progress it’s stuck at awaiting application form, I sent it special delivery so I have the signature and last name of the person who signed it.

I understand COVID may cause delays but 5 weeks and counting? It doesn’t seem right.

Is anyone else having/had this problem if so what should I do about it?

There is no way I can contact dvla either all there ways of contacting them have been temporarily stopped.
TheDE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Most of the DVLA are working from home, there is also a backlog that they are prioritising so delays are to be expected
Caleblaw
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheDE)
Most of the DVLA are working from home, there is also a backlog that they are prioritising so delays are to be expected
Thanks but how much longer do you think I will have to wait?
TheDE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Caleblaw)
Absolutely no idea. Current civil service advice for office workers is they may be able to work from home for the next 12 months
Caleblaw
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheDE)
Absolutely no idea. Current civil service advice for office workers is they may be able to work from home for the next 12 months
Ok thanks anyway
Izaura
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I sent my provisional off in return for my full license 11 weeks ago now (May 4th), and I can't trace it.
Has anyone else's taken this long? I can't get through to contact them either.
fatimaknt
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Caleblaw)
I applied for the provisional driving licence on 13 June, I received the form on 18 June, I sent it the following day and after 5 week I'll receive the licence, hopefully by the end of this week.
Joomoo7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Applied for provisional the day they were open again, so early June I think but can’t remember date. Licence received on 11/7. Not sure if they’re prioritising birthdays but birthday was 11/7 so was able to get in a car on 17th birthday. System said awaiting application for ages then changed and received licence 2 days later. Hope that helps.
Cloudiii
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I sent of mine along with my passport end of March and only just got it back in June. So it took just over 2 months.
FRS500
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Most admin and caseworkers will be working from home so there's naturally a delay fellas.

Give it a bit of time
56789fghj
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by fatimaknt)
I applied for the provisional driving licence on 13 June, I received the form on 18 June, I sent it the following day and after 5 week I'll receive the licence, hopefully by the end of this week.
Did you receive yours?
ellagc03
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I sent mine off on the 15th of June and still not heard anything. Its been over 8 weeks!! I've called them multiple times but they weren't helpful at all and couldn't tell me anything, do you think I should cancel and try again?
Bebianna
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey, l got the same problem here, l thought l was the only one have you got ur provisional license back yet?
Sang15512
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Nice information.
Caleblaw
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I still haven’t received my license and I am now more desperate then before because I need my identification documents for College starting in September been just over 12 weeks now
sophspark
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I applied for my provisional in the beginning of july and the tracking system on their website says its still awaiting my response form which i sent over 3 weeks ago.
56789fghj
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi guys, I applied on the 30th june and sent my docs on the 6th july and the tracking thing changed on saturday so i should be receiving it this week
fatimaknt
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by 56789fghj)
Did you receive yours?
yes, the day after i wrote the post
Christophe97
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
How do you check application progress? I went onto DVLA but had to sign in with my license number to see progress but as I don't have my license yet, I can't.
fatimaknt
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Christophe97)
How do you check application progress? I went onto DVLA but had to sign in with my license number to see progress but as I don't have my license yet, I can't.
when you applied for the provisional license, you should have received an email from DVLA with your reference number and the link of the website
Attachment 947914Attachment 947918
Last edited by fatimaknt; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (172)
14.61%
I'm not sure (54)
4.59%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (345)
29.31%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.97%
I'm not a current university student (571)
48.51%

Watched Threads