The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by VikasMandal
Does anyone know how long DVLA is taking now to return the documents and license for a provisional application

I received my passport and the license together while my brother received his passport two days after receiving the license.
we both received the license 5 weeks after sending the documents
Hey anyone know about DVLA I applied my provisional license on 14aug and send my ID on 18 via Special Delivery. I need to make an urgent travel now And need my ID ,I dont mind getting delay my license Just need my IDdoes anyone know can we go there to collect ID?
Original post by Sabxx123
Hey anyone know about DVLA I applied my provisional license on 14aug and send my ID on 18 via Special Delivery. I need to make an urgent travel now And need my ID ,I dont mind getting delay my license Just need my IDdoes anyone know can we go there to collect ID?

unfortunately, you cannot go there to collect the document. did you send the passport?
Original post by fatimaknt
I received my passport and the license together while my brother received his passport two days after receiving the license.
we both received the license 5 weeks after sending the documents

Can you please let me know what date you applied and send the your documents to DVLA.
I have sent it signed/special delivery and its showing delivered on royal mail but DVLA website still show “awaiting application return form”. Its been 2 weeks now
Original post by Bebianna
Hey, l got the same problem here, l thought l was the only one have you got ur provisional license back yet?

*licence
Original post by Caleblaw
I still haven’t received my license and I am now more desperate then before because I need my identification documents for College starting in September been just over 12 weeks now

*licence
Original post by Izaura
I sent my provisional off in return for my full license 11 weeks ago now (May 4th), and I can't trace it.
Has anyone else's taken this long? I can't get through to contact them either.

*licence
Original post by Caleblaw
I applied for my provisional license at the start of June, it’s now been about 5 weeks since I sent my application form off with my identification documents.
I applied online but don’t have a passport so I needed to send some more information.

On the dvla website where I can track my applications progress it’s stuck at awaiting application form, I sent it special delivery so I have the signature and last name of the person who signed it.

I understand COVID may cause delays but 5 weeks and counting? It doesn’t seem right.

Is anyone else having/had this problem if so what should I do about it?

There is no way I can contact dvla either all there ways of contacting them have been temporarily stopped.

*licence
when you applied for the provisional license, you should have received an email from DVLA with your reference number and the link of the website
Attachment not found
Attachment not found

*licence
Does anyone know how long DVLA is taking now to return the documents and license for a provisional application

*licence
Can you please let me know what date you applied and send the your documents to DVLA.
I have sent it signed/special delivery and its showing delivered on royal mail but DVLA website still show “awaiting application return form”. Its been 2 weeks now

I applied for the provisional driving licence on 13th June; I received the form on 18th June, I sent it the following day and after 5 weeks I received the licence, on 27th july
unfortunately, you cannot go there to collect the document. did you send the passport?

I send my BRP 🥺 really need it cause its family emergency need to travel . I ring them to ask if they can send my BRP they said call on Monday to check the status of my application
Does anybody knows can i cancel my Application?
I send my BRP 🥺 really need it cause its family emergency need to travel . I ring them to ask if they can send my BRP they said call on Monday to check the status of my application
Does anybody knows can i cancel my Application?

i checked on the DVLA's website, they issue refunds only if you fail to send them the documents
Hi,

I applied for provisional driving license online recently and posted the form with id’s (original passport and BRP) to DVLA
Just wanted to know how long is DVLA taking to provide provisional license and return the original documents considering the current COVID-19 situation

Please share timeline in the below format if anyone has received their provisional license recently (after July 2020)

Type of Application: <Online only or Online and Post>
Date of Application:
Date when form and original id documents sent to DVLA:
Date when status changed on DVLA tracker:
Date when provisional license received:
Date when original documents received:

Below are my timeline details:

Type of Application: Online and Post
Date of Online Application: 12/08/2020
Date when form and original id documents sent to DVLA: 20/08/2020
Date when status changed on DVLA tracker: Awaiting
Date when provisional license received: Awaiting
Date when original documents received: Awaiting

I applied and sent the form back at the end of June/start of July and I got my provisional on the 27th August - My application was saying “awaiting application return form” up until I recurved my licence.
however my friend applied in August and got her licence within 2 weeks (they didn’t have to send any forms though)
Date of Application: 05/08/2020
Date when form and original id documents sent to DVLA: 11/08/2020
Original post by andrei00
Date of Application: 05/08/2020
Date when form and original id documents sent to DVLA: 11/08/2020

Looking at the trend, you will get it by next week. Pls post once you get it
Original post by laurawatt
I applied and sent the form back at the end of June/start of July and I got my provisional on the 27th August - My application was saying “awaiting application return form” up until I recurved my licence.
however my friend applied in August and got her licence within 2 weeks (they didn’t have to send any forms though)

I think if its only online, that’s quick but I didn’t had that option
I think if its only online, that’s quick but I didn’t had that option

Yeah I didn’t have the option either even though I ticked for them to use my passport :dontknow: Hopefully yours comes soon!
I applied before 3 weeks and I’m still waiting and the problem is that I need my BRP to send it to the student finance.
I applied for mine on June 27th,havent heard anything back and thinking about calling them but bet it won't be much help. my tracking page says they're still waiting for my return forms but I sent them off months ago...
Original post by grace1303
I applied for mine on June 27th,havent heard anything back and thinking about calling them but bet it won't be much help. my tracking page says they're still waiting for my return forms but I sent them off months ago...

“Awaiting Application form return” status will remain till they issue a license.
Hope you have sent your form and id’s through royal mail special/tracked.
“Awaiting Application form return” status will remain till they issue a license.
Hope you have sent your form and id’s through royal mail special/tracked.

yes i sent through royal mail, may just have to re do it at this point...
OMG same, I was getting scared cause I sent the forms with my passport and I need my passport in a few months 😭
Original post by Jeremiah_2021
OMG same, I was getting scared cause I sent the forms with my passport and I need my passport in a few months 😭

I need mine within 2 weeks 😭😭 but it’s probably not going to happen.

Latest

Trending

Trending