Kent Uni - Rank these accommodation choices...

Watch
HELLOBrine123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So my first choice is Turing college.

What should be my second, third and fourth option out of these? Please note they are the same price (£191.94):

(1) Turing college (large room)
(2) Tyler court (b and c)
(3) Keynes flat
(4) Park wood flats
StudentRep Medway
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by HELLOBrine123)
So my first choice is Turing college.

What should be my second, third and fourth option out of these? Please note they are the same price (£191.94):

(1) Turing college (large room)
(2) Tyler court (b and c)
(3) Keynes flat
(4) Park wood flats
Hi there!

So as you say you have confirmed Turing as your first option which I 100% agree with, although I am bias since I lived there in my first year!

As for your following options, personally I would say it's a toss up between Tyler Court and Park Wood flats (although Keynes flats are not a bad option either, to be honest all of the options you have listed are very pleasant and would be my personal choice) however where you pick depends on a few preferences. Firstly location wise, Tyler Court is closer to central campus and is literally a 2 minute walk up hill to the library and all teaching and social facilities, on the other hand Park Wood is based in a student village which is much larger than Tyler Court surrounded by the Park Wood houses and flats. Based on this I would say Tyler is nicer visually as there is less going on, however if you are a sporty person the sports facilities including the 3G pitches and tennis courts are on the fields next to Park Wood which is ideal.

Building on the surrounding facilities, although Park Wood is slightly more away from campus (more like a 10 minute walk to the library) you still have a sports bar (Woody's) which is a great place to grab something to eat or have a few drinks, plus there is a co-op which is super handy to get all your essentials without having to walk into central campus. As Park Wood is a student village it has a great social life and is known as a great place to make friends - I personally know lots of people who lived in Park Wood (houses) and said it is a very social place with people sitting on the benches and sports pitches etc. Comparatively if you are looking for a more relaxed and less social space I would say Tyler Court may be better since it is more self contained and less of a village if that makes sense?

Both accommodation types appear to be ensuite with good kitchen facilities so based on these I would say they are relatively similar, although Park Wood flats are shared between up to 6 people with Tyler up to 9 so this may also impact your decision.

I hope I have given you a feel for the accommodations which should help in making your decision but please ask any further questions you might have as I will be happy to help! Good luck
HELLOBrine123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by StudentRep Connie)
Hi there!

So as you say you have confirmed Turing as your first option which I 100% agree with, although I am bias since I lived there in my first year!

As for your following options, personally I would say it's a toss up between Tyler Court and Park Wood flats (although Keynes flats are not a bad option either, to be honest all of the options you have listed are very pleasant and would be my personal choice) however where you pick depends on a few preferences. Firstly location wise, Tyler Court is closer to central campus and is literally a 2 minute walk up hill to the library and all teaching and social facilities, on the other hand Park Wood is based in a student village which is much larger than Tyler Court surrounded by the Park Wood houses and flats. Based on this I would say Tyler is nicer visually as there is less going on, however if you are a sporty person the sports facilities including the 3G pitches and tennis courts are on the fields next to Park Wood which is ideal.

Building on the surrounding facilities, although Park Wood is slightly more away from campus (more like a 10 minute walk to the library) you still have a sports bar (Woody's) which is a great place to grab something to eat or have a few drinks, plus there is a co-op which is super handy to get all your essentials without having to walk into central campus. As Park Wood is a student village it has a great social life and is known as a great place to make friends - I personally know lots of people who lived in Park Wood (houses) and said it is a very social place with people sitting on the benches and sports pitches etc. Comparatively if you are looking for a more relaxed and less social space I would say Tyler Court may be better since it is more self contained and less of a village if that makes sense?

Both accommodation types appear to be ensuite with good kitchen facilities so based on these I would say they are relatively similar, although Park Wood flats are shared between up to 6 people with Tyler up to 9 so this may also impact your decision.

I hope I have given you a feel for the accommodations which should help in making your decision but please ask any further questions you might have as I will be happy to help! Good luck
Thank you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (29)
13.49%
I need help researching courses (14)
6.51%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.19%
I need help with my personal statement (90)
41.86%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (52)
24.19%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (4)
1.86%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (17)
7.91%

Watched Threads