The Student Room Group

why is the UK's weather being so crap lately?

it's meant to be july haha
i'm literally wearing a jumper
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Have you just moved in? :biggrin:
amen to that :h:
just hoping we get some sort of summer soon cause right now it feels like winter
Original post by Mojmeer
Have you just moved in? :biggrin:

don't know what i'm on about, the UK's weather has always and always will be crap :colonhash:
Reply 4
As hard as it can sound at the time, it’s so important we get these rainy showers. If we reach temperatures like we did last year later on, we are going to need a stable water reserve, which as a collection of countries we are very lucky to have. On a positive note, the beetle population in my area has been incredible this year! Perfect humidity, very successful blooms and not as many humans trampling on their homes :^_^:
C8ECCFA8-AC9A-4303-871C-CEA921E218A4.jpegC02E8433-FDDE-4785-B3AB-216D5B28C97C.jpegB85DFA7B-1C0E-4861-BD4A-617A7A2BF24D.jpeg
Original post by Moonbow
As hard as it can sound at the time, it’s so important we get these rainy showers. If we reach temperatures like we did last year later on, we are going to need a stable water reserve, which as a collection of countries we are very lucky to have. On a positive note, the beetle population in my area has been incredible this year! Perfect humidity, very successful blooms and not as many humans trampling on their homes :^_^:
C8ECCFA8-AC9A-4303-871C-CEA921E218A4.jpegC02E8433-FDDE-4785-B3AB-216D5B28C97C.jpegB85DFA7B-1C0E-4861-BD4A-617A7A2BF24D.jpeg

did you take these pictures? because if you did, you're an absolute genius :h:
Lock down means fewer cars are driving, which means less pollution and hence colder weather.
Original post by Goyz n The Hood
Lock down means fewer cars are driving, which means less pollution and hence colder weather.

ohhhhh that makes sense, didn't think of that. but as lockdown is eased more cars will be driving so the weather will get warmer because of the increased pollution right?
Original post by hannahd0236
amen to that :h:
just hoping we get some sort of summer soon cause right now it feels like winter

Er...I think we've already had our summer. it was basically April-June this year. Most of the plants and wildlife are confused as fk.
Original post by StriderHort
Er...I think we've already had our summer. it was basically April-June this year. Most of the plants and wildlife are confused as fk.

i remember that really hot day we had towards the end of june - 30 odd degrees! we're basically living like australia and new zealand because we are having the same temperatures.

This is the UK, not California. It rarely ever shines, but that's what makes it so special when it does, hence people going to the beach and seaside. According to my local weather forecast it is supposed to be sunny this weekend.
did you take these pictures? because if you did, you're an absolute genius :h:

Aw yes I did! Thank you :blushing: I’ve been practicing with my phone on my dog walk. The puppy wants to move forward, I want to stay where I am, then the camera can’t focus because I’ve been dragged by her into a puddle. Fun times :laugh:
Original post by StriderHort

Very true! My day lily opened three months early, I think they all believe it’s august :K:
because its the uk.
ohhhhh that makes sense, didn't think of that. but as lockdown is eased more cars will be driving so the weather will get warmer because of the increased pollution right?

Original post by Moonbow
Very true! My day lily opened three months early, I think they all believe it’s august :K:

Yeah a lot of things got triggered early, esp as we had pretty much nothing in the way of a late frost.....or even an 'appropriate time' frost. So lots of things that would normally be killed off early have survived to compete with the later season stuff and it's all a bit messy. You'll see plenty of plants putting out just one or two really impressive but off season flowers this year instead of full bloom as their senescence hormones are all screwy.

(The fact that most councils haven't been doing much in the way of cutting/pruning/spraying this year due to restrictions is a factor also)
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Moonbow
Aw yes I did! Thank you :blushing: I’ve been practicing with my phone on my dog walk. The puppy wants to move forward, I want to stay where I am, then the camera can’t focus because I’ve been dragged by her into a puddle. Fun times :laugh:

it's okay :h: awwwwww what puppy do you have?
Original post by Rockstarrrr
This is the UK, not California. It rarely ever shines, but that's what makes it so special when it does, hence people going to the beach and seaside. According to my local weather forecast it is supposed to be sunny this weekend.

yeah i think in my area it will get up to around 23 degrees
Reply 18

idk maybe because its the uk
Original post by rxyaltyx
because its the uk.

we stan being rainy all the time

Quick Reply

Latest