The Student Room Group

unbearable period pain

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by glowing_starfish
Have u tried mefenamic acid? (Life saver!!)
Mine are usually unbearable to the point where I expect to faint, can’t eat anything and feel as tho I’m sweating crazy one minute and shivering the next.
My mums a nurse and she told me to take 1 in the morning and 1 before I go to sleep. After I took to that in routine I don’t feel as bad w only very mild cramps :smile:

If u want more assurance u can search it up and it will tell u that it can be used to treat mild to moderate pain for the menstrual cycle :wink: you can also talk to ur GP about it x

thank you xxxx
just read it though and saw all the side effects so im a bit scared :/ especially one of them being the ringing in your ears. ive had that before and i found it so annoying and a bit scary sksksksk
Reply 21
Original post by anonnnnn1
i started my period just now and the pain is way too much for me. i never used to feel it so i understand that periods are meant to hurt but i think this is way too much, its making me feel breathless and no medication is helping. is this normal,

i really pray it gets better for you. Doing light abs exercise a few days before your period alleviates the pain though. God Bless you
Reply 22
Original post by Tayaa8
i really pray it gets better for you. Doing light abs exercise a few days before your period alleviates the pain though. God Bless you

aw thank you🥺
Original post by anonnnnn1
thank you xxxx
just read it though and saw all the side effects so im a bit scared :/ especially one of them being the ringing in your ears. ive had that before and i found it so annoying and a bit scary sksksksk

Npp x
For me - I don’t get a ringing but it certainly makes a difference for me on my periods x
literally same, what i just do is close my eyes really tighty and clench my hips and wait for the pain to subside. idk why i hold onto my hips, it's just an insticnt haha
wish you all the best girlie (:
For me, nurofen works the best but it’s important you take it before the cramps start otherwise it won’t work. I also find that when I have a short nap the pain sort of subsides for a while.
Take a hot bath, trust me it helps sooo much!!
you could try feminax. the pill can be used to control periods and lighten them / reduce pain. the mini pill can also stop periods
a hot water bottle / microwaveable heater and paracetamol or ibuprofen. i heard somewhere to put a spoon on your abdomen lol?? drink plenty of water and make sure to take your vitamins. get plenty of sleep. try to distract yourself. eat some snacks and watch something. i find sleeping in the foetal position helps me with my pain

Quick Reply

Latest