Any Gyms That Allow under 16 or How to get in

Watch
onlydafuture
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Im 15. Want to go gym when they open again. How can I go. I need to go. I have been following routines and a diet but the progress is small. I need the gym.
Sarahp2000
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by onlydafuture)
Im 15. Want to go gym when they open again. How can I go. I need to go. I have been following routines and a diet but the progress is small. I need the gym.
Hi ! I would like to give you an advise. Because I am a zumba instructor as well as and a fitness trainer I will say to you that going to the gym you will not see a big progress . To see progress needs long time. Depends on you body of course but noose has seen big progress in two or three months. Its good on the other hand to go to the gym because they have the instructor who can show you how to do in a right way the exercises as well as they will help you to avoid injuries.
onlydafuture
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Sarahp2000)
Hi ! I would like to give you an advise. Because I am a zumba instructor as well as and a fitness trainer I will say to you that going to the gym you will not see a big progress . To see progress needs long time. Depends on you body of course but noose has seen big progress in two or three months. Its good on the other hand to go to the gym because they have the instructor who can show you how to do in a right way the exercises as well as they will help you to avoid injuries.
Do u know any gyms that allow under 16s or how to get in?
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
most council run gyms have teenage membership options
OptiWeight
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Ever Played Zumba fitness?
Max1989
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Leisure centre gyms (Council run) ussualy allow 14-16 year olds in at certain times e.g. 4-5 week days after school. For my local ones the Better group allow that as well (don't know how far they cover national wise).

But I never really saw any progress at that age only really when I was 18 did I start to truly increase my strength and fitness levels, but everyone's different and hope you enjoy it! .
SirDaShawn
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
well as a 19 year old and someone who use to go to the gym 5 times a week,my advice would be just to stick to a healthy diet for now until you reach 16 because the mistake I made was not sticking to a healthy diet when going to the gym hence my progress and health was horrible but thats not your question so i apologise but I feel all youth need to hear this before starting serious exercise.

very few gym will allow youth as they can get heavily sued if a "child" get's injured for safeguarding laws (I know you are not a child anymore but you are under the law)

and aswell,youth tend to be the most dumb during workouts as they will try to lift insane weights and could legit die if they are not careful so it's better for gyms to not allow kids in.

My advice would be to buy a resistance band set , they can replace a entire dumbell rack.
Nutritionist
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I mean.....what? Don’t go to the gym because it’ll take too long to see progress? So what should he do, sit at home and see no progress? But then also go to the gym to see a trainer? What are you on about?😂😂 This is one of the worst pieces of advice and mindsets I’ve seen. Awful thing to say to a young beginner.

To the OP: absolutely go to the gym and smash it. As a beginner you will definitely see visible improvements in 2-3 months if you train reasonably well. In terms of finding a gym that’ll let you in - I’m not familiar with big commercial gym (E.g. PureGym) policies but I’m sure most independently owned gyms will be happy to have you. Have a look around you for smaller gyms that you can contact and ask.
Fermion.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Big commercial gyms such as PureGym's will be reluctant to let you in as you need to be 18+ however if you have a hunt around or google some leisure centres they're more inclined to let 15/16 year olds in as they are widely also used for school pupils i.e swimming and use of sports facilities etc.
Sarahp2000
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Nutritionist)
I mean.....what? Don’t go to the gym because it’ll take too long to see progress? So what should he do, sit at home and see no progress? But then also go to the gym to see a trainer? What are you on about?😂😂 This is one of the worst pieces of advice and mindsets I’ve seen. Awful thing to say to a young beginner.

To the OP: absolutely go to the gym and smash it. As a beginner you will definitely see visible improvements in 2-3 months if you train reasonably well. In terms of finding a gym that’ll let you in - I’m not familiar with big commercial gym (E.g. PureGym) policies but I’m sure most independently owned gyms will be happy to have you. Have a look around you for smaller gyms that you can contact and ask.
Sorry my way was wrong. My advise is to not expect huge progress because most of my friends they go to the gym and they expect to see progress in one week or in one month. Of course you will have progress but not like we see in advertisements "abs in two weeks". And after they quit! And you always need a fitness instructor when you are a beginner. Accept my apologies .
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
TBH a lot of gyms and their customers simply don't want kids about, they tend to cause trouble one way or another, either being hyper, showing off, puberty stink or staring at people's bits with eyes popping out, not to mention the extra legal problems.
Nutritionist
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Sorry my way was wrong. My advise is to not expect huge progress because most of my friends they go to the gym and they expect to see progress in one week or in one month. Of course you will have progress but not like we see in advertisements "abs in two weeks". And after they quit! And you always need a fitness instructor when you are a beginner. Accept my apologies .
Fair enough, thanks for reclarifying.
Emily~3695
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by onlydafuture)
I’ve been going to the gym since I was 14, most leisure centres have programmes for teens and are open at certain times for them. At my gym, under 16s can get a “silver” membership as opposed to gold membership, we can use the gym but not the swimming pool and spa, there might be some gyms like this in your area, maybe check the websites of local gyms to see if they accept teens, I think you should be able to find a least one in your local area
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (191)
33.39%
Receiving them online / by email (287)
50.17%
I still don't know (94)
16.43%

Watched Threads