worried about online stalkers. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
i'm really worried that somebody may be stalking me online. would a fairly average 17 year old boy be able to look at what i've done online from another building to my house?
i was on his bebo ages ago, would this help him?
em[ily]
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Why do you think he's stalking you?
asdfghjkl123456789
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i have a similar worry.
free_the_mind
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm not sure. It'd be hard i'd assume. What exactly has he said to you? That he knows what you access etc?
worldwide
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
the irony of posting online about an online stalker aside, what does he know about you?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
^^^lots of the stuff he's said in conversation: bringing up specific websites which i've looked at recently. very specific ones.
knowing about things i've posted on forums on this, which are things which i've never told anybody i know.
stuff like that.
em[ily]
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How do you know him? does he go to your school?
Annie72
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Perhaps he goes on the same forums as you do. As for him being really specific, well yeah that does sound quite worrying.
free_the_mind
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Seems a bit technical. Is your internet password protected...like do you have a password on your router to access the net?
alicey08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How do you know him?

Are you sure you haven't just mentioned things in conversation and he's piced up on it?
jaz_jaz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
EEEEEEEEEk.
Kagutsuchi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You've posted personal stuff online? Silly silly people.
Celifein
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
When you say "specific websites", are you talking about obscure ones or ones that everyone visits? Have you mentioned visiting them on here?

It wouldn't be too hard to link your username to you. He could narrow it down using stuff on your profile/in your posts.
LearningMath
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There are loads of ways he could be watching what you do online, do you have virus protection? spyware protection? firewall? Scan at least once a week etc? Even after all that he could be watching you Just get a professional to take a look at your PC and clean it up if you're still worried.
Pennywise the clown
Report 10 years ago
im no expert but is your computer using a wireless router? if so is it secure (password protected etc) if not he may be able to sign into your network same way as you can if you are using a second computer in the house.

as i said im no expert. a techie will be able to help further. might be worth checking your wireless security settings though just to be safe
LearningMath
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Pennywise the clown)
im no expert but is your computer using a wireless router? if so is it secure (password protected etc) if not he may be able to sign into your network same way as you can if you are using a second computer in the house.

as i said im no expert. a techie will be able to help further. might be worth checking your wireless security settings though just to be safe
Wtf that avatar is scary, get rid of it!
Aesop
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
He probably just noticed email / nicknames / quotes / avatar destination etc from your (insert social networking site) and searched for them elsewhere. It's not hard to do.
You'd be surprised how many people tend to use the same avatars / sigs / quotes, even when on rather private forums.
Ben
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Use some anti-virus and anti-spyware software to scan your computer for trojans and keyloggers.
DominF
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Do you use a wireless router? I'm relatively certain you won't know anything about it, so ask the IT person of your family what kind of protection you have running on it. Or simply ask the guy "how do you know what sites I've been on?"
username130457
Badges: 2
Report 10 years ago
Install online security or, if you're really worried, format your computer and reinstall it from scratch: this should delete whatever he's using to spy on you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (261)
26.74%
No (715)
73.26%

Watched Threads