The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Ask me anything regarding Aston University/Birmingham.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RYO SAKAMOTO
Hi, I'm Ryo.I'm thinking about taking Strategic Marketing Management MSc 2021.So, if you know anything, please tell me the detail , such as competition rate, what I should appeal on the statement or what person this course demand.I'm waiting for your answer!!!

Hi Ryo!

First of all I’m so glad you are considering studying at Aston!

The entry requirements for this course are as follows:

One of the following:

A good UK honours degree (minimum lower second class)
Equivalent overseas degree recognised by Aston University
As well as:

Two professional references at least one must be from an academic referee
An official academic transcript of your university grades to date
A completed application form.

In terms of what the course demands you will be working in a variety of different ways, including exams, coursework and presentations. There’s also group work, an important aspect of postgraduate study requiring you to collaborate with team members and develop teamwork skills highly regarded by employers.

I hope this answers your questions but please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any other questions!

I have dropped a link below for you to see more about this course too!

https://www.aston.ac.uk/study/courses/strategic-marketing-management-msc-january-2022/january-2022

- Poppy :smile:
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
When do you apply for accommodation?

Hi there,

Accommodation booking dates vary from student accommodation company - the accommodation on campus is run by Unite Students who you can get in contact with to learn more!

I hope this is helpful

- Poppy
Original post by Aston University
Hi there,

Accommodation booking dates vary from student accommodation company - the accommodation on campus is run by Unite Students who you can get in contact with to learn more!

I hope this is helpful

- Poppy

The one on campus, when do we apply for that
The one on campus, when do we apply for that

Hi there!

The one on campus (unite students) is currently open for 2020-2021.

The dates to apply are widely varied due to covid and people deferring their start dates.

I have posted a link below for the accommodation on campus so you can find more information relevant to you!

https://www.aston.ac.uk/undergraduate/your-application/accommodation/accommodation-for-new-students

I hope this helps!

- Poppy
I got an offer of BBC and they let me in with BCC on results day for pharmacy

Hello, my predicted grades are BBC and pharmacy requires BBB. Do you think I would get an offer? Btw im not eligible for a contextual offer.

Original post by dreams.season

Hi, are you currently studying pharmacy at Aston?
I'm unsure whether to put Aston/Birmingham as my firm for pharmacy
Hi, are you currently studying pharmacy at Aston?
I'm unsure whether to put Aston/Birmingham as my firm for pharmacy

I don’t currently study pharmacy at Aston as I am on a gap year
Hi all!

A bit about myself: I have lived in Birmingham my whole life and I will be graduating from Aston University in a few months time.

Are there any questions you have regarding your courses? student life? Birmingham? or the student union?

I will be more than happy to answer them for you.

*Amna

Which accommodations are the best price wise and living wise? I dont want to be somewhere where everyone is always partying but I also want to make friends from accoms. Which are your top 3 private accoms and which uni halls on campus would you say are better? x
Which accommodations are the best price wise and living wise? I dont want to be somewhere where everyone is always partying but I also want to make friends from accoms. Which are your top 3 private accoms and which uni halls on campus would you say are better? x

Hi there,

The best accommodation for you would depend on what balance you're looking for between price and other factors. My perception of which accommodations are better would be different from yours as I personally prefer studio apartments to shared flats. Every accommodation has its pros and cons depending on what you're looking for so here are a few links to help search for uni accommodations and filter the results according to your preference:

https://www.accommodationforstudents.com/birmingham

https://www.student.com/en-gb/

https://www.mystudenthalls.com/student-accommodation/birmingham/

In my experience flat parties aren't really a problem if you have good communication with your flatmates, and currently, accommodations have placed regulations on visitors so I wouldn't worry too much about that. A lot of accommodations host events, mostly virtual at the moment, to help people connect and foster friendships.

Hope this has helped

*Ethel
Original post by Tashax2
Are you applying to both ?

Yes I also applied for manchester business school
Hi I’ve got a conditional offer for medicine at Aston for 3As. Say I get 3 A*s will Aston consider doing full scholarships? (For the five years) please don’t send me a link to the website as I’ve already checked it and couldn’t find anything for medicine full scholarships. Oh yh and I’m a uk student.
Hi. What's Aston uni like? I've heard that it is quite cliquey with different ethnic groups sticking togther. Is this true? Thanks jenny
Hi I’ve got a conditional offer for medicine at Aston for 3As. Say I get 3 A*s will Aston consider doing full scholarships? (For the five years) please don’t send me a link to the website as I’ve already checked it and couldn’t find anything for medicine full scholarships. Oh yh and I’m a uk student.

Hi there!

Congratulations on your offer!

I’ve had a look for you and it appears the only full scholarship available is for masters students at the moment!

Looking at your predicted grades you would be eligible for the Aston achievement scholarship which would give you £500 in your first year of university.

I hope this information has helped but if you have anymore questions do let me know!

- Poppy
Original post by Jenniferbrake
Hi. What's Aston uni like? I've heard that it is quite cliquey with different ethnic groups sticking togther. Is this true? Thanks jenny

Hi Jenny!

Aston has a really diverse student population and while we have cultural societies where people can come together and celebrate their culture I wouldn’t say Aston is particularly cliquey at all!

In my experience I have met and made friends from all different backgrounds and ethnicities and never found anyone to be cliquey or exclusionary.

If you have anymore concerns or questions let me know and I’d be happy to answer!

- Poppy :smile:
Hi Amna,How long does it take Aston to reply on the offer for post graduation courses. Its been nearly 20 days that i have applied and i haven't received any revert.
Can you please help as i want to secure my seat for 2021 Sep intake.
Regards,Sharmila
(edited 2 years ago)
incase i get a grade below my offer (which is contextual) what do i call up and say through clearing?
Reply 56
Does pharmacy at Aston go in to clearing??
Hi all!

A bit about myself: I have lived in Birmingham my whole life and I will be graduating from Aston University in a few months time.

Are there any questions you have regarding your courses? student life? Birmingham? or the student union?

I will be more than happy to answer them for you.

*Amna

How was 4th year for you?
Original post by annuli
Does pharmacy at Aston go in to clearing??

Yes, it has done in previous years.
Yes, it has done in previous years.

but this doesn't mean it will definitely go into clearing this year

Quick Reply

Latest