Lancaster University Clearing and Adjustment 2020

Watch
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Htwk)
I want to know if I want to apply Lancaster Philosophy with BCC is it possible?
Hi Htwk,
As you can see here we have places in clearing for Philosophy and we're asking for BBB.
You're welcome to make an enquiry using the form and someone will get back to you as soon as possible letting you know if we can offer you a place.
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi everyone,
Just to update you, all courses in Law and Criminology are now closed.
You can see what courses are still available here.
Charlotte
username4213834
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi, I'm confused, on UCAS it says that Natural Sciences is available in clearing, yet on your website I can't find it in the clearing list so I can't seem to apply for it online?
Lancaster University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by benbp)
Hi, I'm confused, on UCAS it says that Natural Sciences is available in clearing, yet on your website I can't find it in the clearing list so I can't seem to apply for it online?
Hi,
I can confirm that our Natural Sciences programmes are not available in clearing.
You can see which courses are still available here, including a number of other courses in our Faculty of Science and Technology.
Hope that helps.
Thanks,
Richard
Last edited by Lancaster University; 11 months ago
Anonymous #3
Report 11 months ago
Hi! I received an offer through clearing and so put it as my clearing choice on UCAS. Do you know how long it'll take for UCAS to update that I've got in? Thank you!
parvinsadath
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Lancaster University)
Hi everyone :wavey:
If you haven't secured a university offer, or your reconsidering your options, we're ready to help you find out about applying to Lancaster through Clearing.

If you already have your results, you can check our course list and complete a Clearing application right now.

If you're waiting for your results, you can complete our keep in touch form, and we'll keep you updated ready for main Clearing and Adjustment to open on 13 August.

We're also running a number of Clearing webinars to help you get prepared. And you can also find out how we're preparing for the new term on our Covid-19 pages.

Please let us know if there's anything you need help with, and best of luck for your results :goodluck:

Louise
Hi I am a first year student. I wanted to apply to Lancaster. Did my A levels last year. I got a conditional but did not meet the requirement. I am still very upset that I did not get a place.

1st semester I achieved a first and 2:1 in Philosophy and Politics. But could not sit final exams due to covid. Can you help me ? It has been my dream to study at Lancaster.
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi! I received an offer through clearing and so put it as my clearing choice on UCAS. Do you know how long it'll take for UCAS to update that I've got in? Thank you!
Hi anon,
I'm not sure how long this will take on UCAS end but if you'd like to check the progress you can email [email protected] with their reference number. Obviously we're working as fast as we can and so other than potentially a status update, I'd suggest to keep checking on track and in your emails until you get confirmation.
Sorry there's not much more I can do!
Charlotte
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by parvinsadath)
Hi I am a first year student. I wanted to apply to Lancaster. Did my A levels last year. I got a conditional but did not meet the requirement. I am still very upset that I did not get a place.

1st semester I achieved a first and 2:1 in Philosophy and Politics. But could not sit final exams due to covid. Can you help me ? It has been my dream to study at Lancaster.
Hi parvinsadath,
I just spotted your thread and I've replied on there!
Charlotte
Lancaster University
Rep:
?
Hi everyone, our Clearing advisors have finished for tonight, but will be back over the weekend from 9 am - 5 pm.
Do ask if there's anything you need.
Louise
opalu
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
UCAS confirmed my clearing place at Lancaster yesterday through track, however I've still not received a confirmation email or information about accommodation from the uni. I called yesterday and was told I'd be sent an email soon, but I've only been sent a login for iLancaster. I need a confirmation letter to set up a student bank account and I'm worried about the type of accommodation I'll be left with. I understand it is very busy, just wondering if you have any idea as to when the information will be sent?
testing-123
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi there,

I applied to Lancaster University through clearing at around 15:10 on Thursday 13 August for MORSE (Mathematics Operational Research Statistics Economics) BSc. I've called yesterday to see how my application was doing and apparently it was being looked at. I've seen on this thread that a few people have been given clearing offers already, so I'd just like to know how long is the average processing time for clearing applications?
My grades are A* A B and the clearing offer according to the website would be BBB. Are my grades good enough to get in?

Thanks in advance!
Lancaster University
Rep:
?
(Original post by opalu)
UCAS confirmed my clearing place at Lancaster yesterday through track, however I've still not received a confirmation email or information about accommodation from the uni. I called yesterday and was told I'd be sent an email soon, but I've only been sent a login for iLancaster. I need a confirmation letter to set up a student bank account and I'm worried about the type of accommodation I'll be left with. I understand it is very busy, just wondering if you have any idea as to when the information will be sent?
Hi opalu
Congratulations on your place at Lancaster!
You can use iLancaster to have a look at the Accommodation options so that you're ready to apply when you get your Accommodation email through. We have got a team in all weekend working through everything, but if you're at all concerned, I'd encourage you to hop on our online chat or email [email protected].
Thanks
Louise
Lancaster University
Rep:
?
Hi everyone, just to let you know Zoology is now closed for Clearing.
You can see what courses are still available here.
Louise
13KJohnson
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi! My friend put in a clearing application on Thursday, when should he hope to hear back? Thank you
Anonymous #3
Report 11 months ago
Hi! So I have my place through clearing confirmed now. I was just wondering about accommodation, as Id already made an application beforehand because I’d applied to Lancaster for a different course. Will this application still be valid or will I need to apply again when I get an email about it? The application is still on the portal too. Thank you
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi! So I have my place through clearing confirmed now. I was just wondering about accommodation, as Id already made an application beforehand because I’d applied to Lancaster for a different course. Will this application still be valid or will I need to apply again when I get an email about it? The application is still on the portal too. Thank you
Hi anon,
If your application is still on the portal it should be valid as all accommodation requests are made through the portal - we'll be sending out emails for people to sign up for accommodation if they haven't yet. You should get a confirmation of your place soon.
Charlotte
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by 13KJohnson)
Hi! My friend put in a clearing application on Thursday, when should he hope to hear back? Thank you
Hi
13KJohnson,
We're still working through these but you can email [email protected] along with your clearing ID to see if you can get an update on your application.
Charlotte
Giselle ye
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi, I have add the choice on UCAS track already, when can I get confirmed?
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi Giselle,
The team are working through processing applications, but if you're at all concerned, or want an update, please email [email protected] with your clearing ID and someone will be able to advise you.
Thanks
Louise
Lancaster TSR Team
Anonymous #4
Report 11 months ago
Hi I applied for your history course the other day and was unsuccessful due to me receiving BCC but due to the announcement later today I have predicted grades of ABC and was going to apply but now it’s gone off the website, has clearing closed or will it be reopening depending on the governments announcement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (48)
15.19%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (102)
32.28%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (39)
12.34%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (27)
8.54%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (18)
5.7%
I think it's an unfair expectation (79)
25%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
0.95%

Watched Threads