Lancaster University Clearing and Adjustment 2020

Watch
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi I applied for your history course the other day and was unsuccessful due to me receiving BCC but due to the announcement later today I have predicted grades of ABC and was going to apply but now it’s gone off the website, has clearing closed or will it be reopening depending on the governments announcement
Hi anon,
We've received the news at the same time as everyone else so we're currently figuring out what we're going to do. I'd strongly recommend following Lancaster Uni on one of our social channels and we'll update as soon as we can.
We're currently closed for clearing and we can't say whether we will reopen at the moment.
Sorry that I can't help you much more but we'll try to see what we can do for you as soon as we can.
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Last edited by Lancaster Student Ambassador; 11 months ago
Lancaster University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hi everyone,

We are aware of the announcement from the UK government, as well as the recent announcements from the Scottish and Welsh governments, in regards to Scottish Highers and A level results.

As soon as we have details of this afternoon's announcement we will advise you of the process you will need to follow. Check our website for the latest information.

If you have received an offer from us through Clearing, please be assured that your place with us is secure and we are looking forward to welcoming you to Lancaster University.

Thank you
Lancaster TSR Team
Lancaster University
Rep:
?
UPDATE 17/8/20:
Following the UK government announcement on revised A level and GCSE grades, the University is delighted to honour all existing offers on all programmes that do not have an externally determined cap (eg Medicine) for 2020 entry.

For those students who have met our offer to study medicine based on teacher-assessed grades but do not yet have a place confirmed, we are working with the relevant agencies about places this year and we will guarantee a deferred place for next year.

We are awaiting information about how your grades will be articulated to the University. As soon as we have this information we will advise you of the process you need to follow.

If you have received an offer from us through Clearing or Adjustment, please be assured that your place is secure and we are looking forward to welcoming you to Lancaster University.

If your revised grades now meet the criteria for our attainment scholarships for exceptional students, your scholarship will be guaranteed. More information about eligibility may be found on our Scholarships and Bursaries page. (https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/un...-and-bursaries)

We look forward to welcoming you to Lancaster University and you to join our global community.

Lancaster TSR Team
Lancaster University
Rep:
?
We have a limited number of clearing places available for eligible candidates in

• Architecture
  • Engineering
  • Computer Sciences
  • Mathematics
  • Accounting and Finance
  • Marketing
  • Sports and Exercise Science

Take a look at our clearing grades and to check your eligibility lancaster.ac.uk/clearing

Unfortunately, we are unable to offer any new clearing places in any of our other subject areas. Today, we’re available between 9am and 5pm BST.

Here are the ways to talk to us:

Last edited by Lancaster University; 11 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (0)
0%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (0)
0%
No I am happy with my choice (0)
0%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (0)
0%

Watched Threads