SallyMH
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi,

I'm unsure how to answer the question about household income, because ours is so varied. My partner is a contractor, so he moves in and out of work with various pro rata-d salaries. Some months he doesn't work. What should we put in the application? I've been working up until recently, but I've stopped now in preparation for my course (PGCE).

Thanks
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by SallyMH)
Hi,

I'm unsure how to answer the question about household income, because ours is so varied. My partner is a contractor, so he moves in and out of work with various pro rata-d salaries. Some months he doesn't work. What should we put in the application? I've been working up until recently, but I've stopped now in preparation for my course (PGCE).

Thanks
Hi there, we need to see his 2018/19 tax year income. This tax year has finished so he can provide this.He can login to the HMRC website online to view his 2018/19 income.
Thanks, Isaac
SallyMH
Rep:
?
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi there, we need to see his 2018/19 tax year income. This tax year has finished so he can provide this.He can login to the HMRC website online to view his 2018/19 income.
Thanks, Isaac
Sure, but then it's decreased drastically, so what happens then? Also, do I need to include my income for that year?? Obviously I'm about to be a student so my income won't contribute.
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Sure, but then it's decreased drastically, so what happens then? Also, do I need to include my income for that year?? Obviously I'm about to be a student so my income won't contribute.
As you are the student we don't need to know about your earned income unless your employer releases you to study (pays you a salary to go to university). We do need to know about any unearned income you have though such as rental income, bank interest etc.

If your household income has dropped by more than 15% then your sponsor(partner/spouse) can complete a Current Year Income form to provide their estimated 2020/21 current tax year income. If they do this, it's important they update us if their income changes throughout the year because at the end of the tax year we will ask them to provide the actual income they earned with evidence and if their actual income doesn't match the estimated income they provided then it could cause you to be overpaid and be required to pay money back. Your sponsor can download this form here https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-f...le-pff2-or-cyi and the form can be uploaded online.
Thanks, Isaac
SallyMH
Rep:
?
OK great, thank you
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
OK great, thank you
You're welcome
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (210)
38.53%
Take autumn exams (164)
30.09%
Look for a job (19)
3.49%
Consider an apprenticeship (22)
4.04%
Take a year out (97)
17.8%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (33)
6.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed