Lancaster University vs Warwick Business Scool - MScWatch
Initially, WBS was my first choice. However, now I'm reconsidering as they sent me an offer for MSc Business & Finance. Which is slightly disappointing, but I'm open to studying it as well.
My offer from LU also came with a scholarship of £8000.
As of now, I have 4 days left to respond.
The facts I have to consider:
- I'll be studying what I want - (finance with mathematics components)
- Half the price (£15,000)
- Will also study programming (something firms like and something important)
- A good school locally, but not as good as WBS in terms of reputation globally.
- Nicer campus (apparently)
- Better global reputation, better rankings (FT, Qs & TIE)
- CareersPlus Service and QTEM Masters Network Programme
- Better average salaries for graduates
- Much closer to London (where I'd like to work)
- Not getting to study programming but could easily study it through side courses etc
- Not getting to study mathematical components
- Much more expensive (£29,000)
I want to know which university will help me best in a career as a financial analyst or a quant. I also want to know whether WBS would be worth twice as much as LU.
You'll study what you want and its cheaper. You'll have to work harder on networking and preparing your applications but I think it is worth the 14,000 you will save. Besides WBS does not guarantee you a job after graduation. Better to have 14,000 and no job than no job and no 14,000.