ABB3YX53
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
So I interviewed for a civil service position in June. Still waiting to hear the results however I did get an email after the interview asking for PDF copies of my ID. I already shown these in my interview so was wondering if them now wanting pdf copies is a good sign??
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Thread moved to the Public Sector forum.
(Original post by ABB3YX53)
So I interviewed for a civil service position in June. Still waiting to hear the results however I did get an email after the interview asking for PDF copies of my ID. I already shown these in my interview so was wondering if them now wanting pdf copies is a good sign??
Could be yeah, they might just be asking all the applicants they're still considering for the details in pdf, doesn't mean you have a confirmed place. However, it's certainly not a bad sign.

Caveat: I know very little about civil service applications.
Chloe20w
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Hi, I also did my interview in June, it’s been nearly 6 weeks and still haven’t heard anything. I also received the email asking to send my ID over in PDF too. I was wondering what your status says when you login to the civil service website. Mine still says ‘application update’ hopefully we will hear something soon! Fingers crossed
ABB3YX53
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by Chloe20w)
Hi, I also did my interview in June, it’s been nearly 6 weeks and still haven’t heard anything. I also received the email asking to send my ID over in PDF too. I was wondering what your status says when you login to the civil service website. Mine still says ‘application update’ hopefully we will hear something soon! Fingers crossed
Hey, which location did you apply for? I heard back around a week ago and was offered the job but a conditional offer as they need to complete pre-employment checks first! I applied for Newcastle, it is a realllllllllly long process the waiting is the worst bit! X
Chloe20w
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Hey, which location did you apply for? I heard back around a week ago and was offered the job but a conditional offer as they need to complete pre-employment checks first! I applied for Newcastle, it is a realllllllllly long process the waiting is the worst bit! X
Aww congratulations! I hope it all goes smoothly for you. I applied for Manchester and still haven’t heard back. Would you assume I haven’t got it? It’s so hard waiting around isn’t it. Thank you for replying x
ABB3YX53
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Aww congratulations! I hope it all goes smoothly for you. I applied for Manchester and still haven’t heard back. Would you assume I haven’t got it? It’s so hard waiting around isn’t it. Thank you for replying x
Thank you!! I’d still have hope as they can take ages getting back to people from what I’ve read! I did email them and ask if they knew when they’d be letting people know so I’m not sure if that made a difference at all, definitely still have faith as they would let you know even if you hadn’t got it Xx
Chloe20w
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Thank you!! I’d still have hope as they can take ages getting back to people from what I’ve read! I did email them and ask if they knew when they’d be letting people know so I’m not sure if that made a difference at all, definitely still have faith as they would let you know even if you hadn’t got it Xx
I sent an email to the generic email too last Friday and still not heard anything 😩 it’s so stressful. Thank you x
Aaron_97
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I sent an email to the generic email too last Friday and still not heard anything 😩 it’s so stressful. Thank you x
Hi there.
Im in a similar position interview for a role in Belfast, I interviewed at the start of July and still waiting.
I sent an email to the one advertised on the advert and I got a response stating that due to COVID 19 its taken them extra time and to keep checking my civil service account.
Hopefully you hear back soon.
Chloe20w
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Aaron_97)
Hi there.
Im in a similar position interview for a role in Belfast, I interviewed at the start of July and still waiting.
I sent an email to the one advertised on the advert and I got a response stating that due to COVID 19 its taken them extra time and to keep checking my civil service account.
Hopefully you hear back soon.
Hey. Thanks for the reply. Yes fingers crossed then hopefully it won’t be too much longer to hear back.
PrittyVacant
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Can I ask which role this was for? I’ve applied for a EO Work Coach role in Newcastle (had a closing date of 15/07) and they said last week it was still at sift, so I just wondered if it was the same or different role. Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (181)
33.39%
Receiving them online / by email (270)
49.82%
I still don't know (91)
16.79%

Watched Threads