Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It's the summer holidays, so i thought other people might be having the same problem ...

i just keep waking up late in the evening (5pm or 6pm), which means that there's no way i can get to sleep before 5am the next day. i've tried setting my alarm and waking up fairly early, but i just can't keep my eyes open!

i was thinking of having an all-nighter today/tonight, and maybe having a nap for a couple of hours tomorrow? would that work?

I just need to sort out my sleeping patterns and haven't got a clue how ...

thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'd pull the all-nighter, it might not work straight away, but it will soon.

ReputationRep:
    definitely the all nighter, and try to go to bed around 8pm. you'll be up early in the morning and can go to bed a little later each night til you've gotten into a routine you like

ReputationRep:
    this is what I would suggest because I made the mistake of falling into a similar pattern after coming back from holiday:

either:
    *try to go to bed a bit earlier than 5am (maybe 2am) and then set your alarm for 7.30am and make sure you get out of bed straight away and start doing something (go for a walk / run, have breakfast, get dressed, go shopping or something active - so not reading or tv) and this should make sure you are fully awake. By the evening you should be sufficiently tired that you can get to sleep at 11pm (you may feel the need to go to bed earlier which would be even better....) and you should be sorted.

or....
    * as you suggest, miss a night's sleep and then you will be knackered and need to go to sleep at 7pm or something the next evening. I would advise you not to have a nap in the day - try and stay awake.

See how that goes and let us know..... the first one worked for me.

all nighters are alwaya good way to get your sleeping patterns back into a normal pattern, once you fall asleep its harder to try wking up at a specific time then staying awake from that point onwards, its much easier to get yourself really really tired and fall asleep at a normal time so you wake up at a usual time.

ReputationRep:
    yep I agree, do the all nighter.

ReputationRep:
    I just can't get to sleep, and my sleeping patterns are messed up, but you're nocturnel (sp?)!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 27, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.