OlegsMaklecovs
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Currently I've applied for support as a Child of a Migrant Worker. My mother will soon have to leave her current job involuntarily as the place where she is working is closing down (not due to COVID-19). I'm planning to find a new job to earn some extra money over summer and, potentially, keeping the job for the first term of uni in case my mother will have issues finding a new job. As fair as I am aware, she would have to find a new job in 4 weeks and I am not entirely sure she will be able to do that. Would I be able change my application to just Migrant Worker and then back to Child of a Migrant worker when my mother will find a new job?
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by OlegsMaklecovs)
Currently I've applied for support as a Child of a Migrant Worker. My mother will soon have to leave her current job involuntarily as the place where she is working is closing down (not due to COVID-19). I'm planning to find a new job to earn some extra money over summer and, potentially, keeping the job for the first term of uni in case my mother will have issues finding a new job. As fair as I am aware, she would have to find a new job in 4 weeks and I am not entirely sure she will be able to do that. Would I be able change my application to just Migrant Worker and then back to Child of a Migrant worker when my mother will find a new job?
Hi, that is possible.

To switch to becoming the Migrant Worker, you can upload the evidence. We will need:

- a cover letter to explain
- your last 3 months of payslips
- your most recent p60
- your employment contract

Thanks, Isaac
OlegsMaklecovs
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi, that is possible.

To switch to becoming the Migrant Worker, you can upload the evidence. We will need:

- a cover letter to explain
- your last 3 months of payslips
- your most recent p60
- your employment contract

Thanks, Isaac
And would I be able to change it back to Child of a Migrant Worker later? Also, would my age be taken into consideration when I do change it? I am 21 but I am a continuing student and have applied for Child of a Migrant Worker for previous year (2019/2020).
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by OlegsMaklecovs)
And would I be able to change it back to Child of a Migrant Worker later? Also, would my age be taken into consideration when I do change it? I am 21 but I am a continuing student and have applied for Child of a Migrant Worker for previous year (2019/2020).
Yes you can change it back but as you are no longer classed as a child you will need to prove you are physically or financially dependent on the Migrant Worker.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (210)
38.53%
Take autumn exams (164)
30.09%
Look for a job (19)
3.49%
Consider an apprenticeship (22)
4.04%
Take a year out (97)
17.8%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (33)
6.06%

Watched Threads