Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
How do I send my grades to a University through clearing on results day if I havent informed UCAS of which centre I am taking my A levels? So, before exams were cancelled I registered myself for exams for two separate exam boards and two different centres because I am a resit and didnt want to mess things up and informed UCAS of A levels I was taking at one centre.

Either way, after exams were cancelled, both centers told me that they had enough evidence and could submit a grade but I am afraid that I might get a higher grade from the other centre. So say I want to apply to a uni through adjustment.. how do I do it using the other centers grades?
National Careers Service
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
How do I send my grades to a University through clearing on results day if I havent informed UCAS of which centre I am taking my A levels? So, before exams were cancelled I registered myself for exams for two separate exam boards and two different centres because I am a resit and didnt want to mess things up and informed UCAS of A levels I was taking at one centre.

Either way, after exams were cancelled, both centers told me that they had enough evidence and could submit a grade but I am afraid that I might get a higher grade from the other centre. So say I want to apply to a uni through adjustment.. how do I do it using the other centers grades?
Hi there,

Any candidate who has switched centres should get their grade from their current centre, the one they most recently registered with, unless the current centre doesn't have enough evidence, in which case it would revert to the original centre they were registered with. If you have already told UCAS about one centre and that centre says they have enough evidence, it might make sense to stick with that.

You can't get two sets of results, so not doing anything runs the risk of each centre thinking the other one is doing it and you ending up with nothing. So, either way, it's worth making sure that one centre is going to do it and the other centre is aware of it.

Hope that helps, thanks, Mark
Anonymous #1
(Original post by National Careers Service)
Hi there,

Any candidate who has switched centres should get their grade from their current centre, the one they most recently registered with, unless the current centre doesn't have enough evidence, in which case it would revert to the original centre they were registered with. If you have already told UCAS about one centre and that centre says they have enough evidence, it might make sense to stick with that.

You can't get two sets of results, so not doing anything runs the risk of each centre thinking the other one is doing it and you ending up with nothing. So, either way, it's worth making sure that one centre is going to do it and the other centre is aware of it.

Hope that helps, thanks, Mark
Hiya!

Thank you for your reply. So basically both centres are aware that I have registered with two centres for two different exam boards and I registered before exams were cancelled so they had no problem with it as many students do that and they still have no problems with it. I will be getting two sets of results (one earlier which is on the 11th of August from CIE)

I wanted to ask you how I can call up a University say on the 13th and say "I would like to apply through adjustment but I have another set of grades"

No matter who says what, I will be getting two sets of grades and it is completely legal I was told so by both centers. I just want to know how I can give center B's results to any uni I call up on results day. Thank you!
National Careers Service
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hiya!

Thank you for your reply. So basically both centres are aware that I have registered with two centres for two different exam boards and I registered before exams were cancelled so they had no problem with it as many students do that and they still have no problems with it. I will be getting two sets of results (one earlier which is on the 11th of August from CIE)

I wanted to ask you how I can call up a University say on the 13th and say "I would like to apply through adjustment but I have another set of grades"

No matter who says what, I will be getting two sets of grades and it is completely legal I was told so by both centers. I just want to know how I can give center B's results to any uni I call up on results day. Thank you!
You're certainly in a unique position! In a case as specific as this it's probably best to speak directly to UCAS.

Best of luck!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by National Careers Service)
You're certainly in a unique position! In a case as specific as this it's probably best to speak directly to UCAS.

Best of luck!
And how do I speak to UCAS?
National Careers Service
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
And how do I speak to UCAS?
On here... ucas.com/contact-us
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

Don't ring UCAS about this - they need the details of your new centre and pending qualifications sent to them in writing.
Either fill in the form on the "change your details" section of the website or (given your situation I would recommend this) email them at [email protected] explaining exactly which A levels you will be awarded in August and which centre that will be through.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by PQ)
Don't ring UCAS about this - they need the details of your new centre and pending qualifications sent to them in writing.
Either fill in the form on the "change your details" section of the website or (given your situation I would recommend this) email them at [email protected] explaining exactly which A levels you will be awarded in August and which centre that will be through.
Why shouldnt I ring them up?

And the thing is that I dont want my uni to know that I sat them twice... so say I dont meet the offer with the grades I get from center B that would mean that I have messed it up and my uni would make an issue out of it
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Why shouldnt I ring them up?

And the thing is that I dont want my uni to know that I sat them twice... so say I dont meet the offer with the grades I get from center B that would mean that I have messed it up and my uni would make an issue out of it
Because they’ll just say “we can’t deal with this over the phone”.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by PQ)
Because they’ll just say “we can’t deal with this over the phone”.
Or do I just call up the Uni on results day and say "I took another set of A levels and these are my grades?"

But the thing is the grades will be on a transcript and I am worried about how I will send it to them without a proper certificate. Can they check it up with the exam board or something?
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Or do I just call up the Uni on results day and say "I took another set of A levels and these are my grades?"

But the thing is the grades will be on a transcript and I am worried about how I will send it to them without a proper certificate. Can they check it up with the exam board or something?
Dod you amend your application to show you were 'sitting' all these exams?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Muttley79)
Dod you amend your application to show you were 'sitting' all these exams?
No I didnt. I didnt change it and UCAS only shows me sitting exams at one centre
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

No

you need to email ucas using the email address I gave you explaining exactly which results will be sent by which exam centres. Otherwise your results won’t be matched to your application.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by PQ)
No

you need to email ucas using the email address I gave you explaining exactly which results will be sent by which exam centres. Otherwise your results won’t be matched to your application.
I am worried about UCAS telling me that this isnt allowed cause of the change to exams and the fact that we wont be sitting them and stuff
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No I didnt. I didnt change it and UCAS only shows me sitting exams at one centre
Then you have a big problem ... the other set might not even count.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I am worried about UCAS telling me that this isnt allowed cause of the change to exams and the fact that we wont be sitting them and stuff
UCAS have no rules about you getting qualifications from multiple centres for the same subjects.

They don’t care. Neither do universities. The exam boards might but that should be flagged to one or both of your centres before now.

What they do care about is that at the moment your application is lying about where and how you will be getting qualifications. Email UCAS. Put it right.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by PQ)
UCAS have no rules about you getting qualifications from multiple centres for the same subjects.

They don’t care. Neither do universities. The exam boards might but that should be flagged to one or both of your centres before now.

What they do care about is that at the moment your application is lying about where and how you will be getting qualifications. Email UCAS. Put it right.
Ok so I just fill in the form on the site or send an email?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ok so I just fill in the form on the site or send an email?
I would recommend emailing instead of using the form.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by PQ)
Ok thanks! Will tell you how it goes!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by PQ)
Thank you for helping!

I contacted UCAS by email and they changed the details on my course and they told me that the grades from the other center would go directly to UCAS and to the Universities I have firmed and insured.

I had another question though, so say center A is ABC and center B's grades are AAA but my offer is AAB. What would the Uni do in this case?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (80)
25.08%
Better than expected (66)
20.69%
Worse than expected (173)
54.23%

Watched Threads