ma280211
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I am applying for optometry in 2021, and I am not sure how to write my personal statement. Should I just include why and what interested me in the course and relevant work experience, etc?
Liv.mck1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by ma280211)
I am applying for optometry in 2021, and I am not sure how to write my personal statement. Should I just include why and what interested me in the course and relevant work experience, etc?
Hey, i wrote mine last year, and now i have an unconditional place at uni for September. I wrote about what i was studying, and any experiences i had which may have been relevant to my application. Universities just want to get to know you and your interests, but more importantly they want to read your enthusiasm and passion for the course you are applying to. Get writing yours early, then keep redrafting until you're 100% happy with it. Also ask friends/family to read it through, they can give you some ideas and might even mention some stuff you hadn't originally thought of. Hope this helps!
Sakiudns
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
sameee omg hey
Sakiudns
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Liv.mck1)
Hey, i wrote mine last year, and now i have an unconditional place at uni for September. I wrote about what i was studying, and any experiences i had which may have been relevant to my application. Universities just want to get to know you and your interests, but more importantly they want to read your enthusiasm and passion for the course you are applying to. Get writing yours early, then keep redrafting until you're 100% happy with it. Also ask friends/family to read it through, they can give you some ideas and might even mention some stuff you hadn't originally thought of. Hope this helps!
heyy
how did u get unconditonal
Liv.mck1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Sakiudns)
heyy
how did u get unconditonal
It wasn't for the same course as you've mentioned. Although, all personal statements are made of the same structure regardless what you're applying to.
For my own course i looked online at what they expected from students, and included myself where I thought i'd be a good fit. Try to include as many examples, whether they are, work experience, skills you have learnt from your current studies, or even your personality in social situations.
I believe the main reason why i was given an unconditional myself, was because i'd ticked all the boxes they were looking for in a candidate, and showed a high level of enthusiasm in my writing.
ma280211
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
That is amazing, congrats! Also, I will try and start it now considering what you have mentioned, thank you so much!

ma280211
Rep:
?
sameee omg hey
aha no way, hi!
Sakiudns
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
aha no way, hi!
heyyyy wasupp ahahhh
where u thinking of applying
ma280211
Rep:
?
heyyyy wasupp ahahhh
where u thinking of applying
yeah, I am still kinda unsure on what unis to apply to wbuu?
Sakiudns
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
yeah, I am still kinda unsure on what unis to apply to wbuu?
manchester and bradford inshallah
not keen on aston too far
sali222
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
i currently want to do optometry as well but im also having troublw with my personal statement
Sakiudns
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by sali222)
i currently want to do optometry as well but im also having troublw with my personal statement
omg heyy sameee u have any ideas?
alicexiyuki
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I am applying for optometry in 2021, and I am not sure how to write my personal statement. Should I just include why and what interested me in the course
I also wrote about I am a caring and helpful person and used to do some charity work at care homes and plays in orchestra which is registered charity. I am patient and care home work developed my communication skill with elderly and special need population, just write something along the lines of that. I don't know about English uni but there is only 1 uni in Scotland offers this course and they love candidates who does charity work! It’s to do with giving back to the community. backing up why you choosing this career, how you are gentle and caring. I am now graduated from optometry for 6 yrs. it's a difficult course and might not be as glamorous as people make it out to be but I think if that's what u wanna do and pursuit it.

good luck!
Tanye
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Do you have to do an interview to get into an optometry school?
burntspark
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I want to do optometry, but i am not sure whether the field is dying or whether it will be taken over by machines? This is my only concern, it is saturated and i dont know how long the field will last for??? any opinions??
Rstudenti
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by burntspark)
I want to do optometry, but i am not sure whether the field is dying or whether it will be taken over by machines? This is my only concern, it is saturated and i dont know how long the field will last for??? any opinions??
Same concerns and now this optometry apprenticeship top making me unsure
burntspark
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Rstudenti)
Yeh, I have heard about the apprenticeship do you know when it is likely to be arranged? i am looking to apply next year
ma280211
Rep:
?
(Original post by alicexiyuki)
I also wrote about I am a caring and helpful person and used to do some charity work at care homes and plays in orchestra which is registered charity. I am patient and care home work developed my communication skill with elderly and special need population, just write something along the lines of that. I don't know about English uni but there is only 1 uni in Scotland offers this course and they love candidates who does charity work! It’s to do with giving back to the community. backing up why you choosing this career, how you are gentle and caring. I am now graduated from optometry for 6 yrs. it's a difficult course and might not be as glamorous as people make it out to be but I think if that's what u wanna do and pursuit it.

good luck!
Thank you so much that’s really helpful!
jammypop101
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Rstudenti)
wait whaaaatttt? bruhhhh idk if i wanna do optom now :/
Sakiudns
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by jammypop101)
wait whaaaatttt? bruhhhh idk if i wanna do optom now :/
heyy u wanting to do optom omg same hey
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (67)
17.77%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (108)
28.65%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (142)
37.67%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (48)
12.73%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (12)
3.18%

Watched Threads