Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I don't even do Psychology, yet that new spec paper looks way easier then the old spec. There sure are a lot of GCSE-format short questions which will almost certainly require less depth then the current essay-style questions you see on the old spec.
    If they go through and hold the new psychology exams in this format then it will undoubtedly become an easier subject

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lottie66)
    well thats good cos im just about to start aqa as psychology!
    Lol, I'll second that :yep: :p:

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, I downloaded the Unit 1 specimen paper, and I was able to do it reasonably well, and I haven't even started studying it yet :p:
    But I hope it doesn't turn into a ''Micky Mouse'' subject :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karvel)
    The thing which irritates me is that the Sociology papers have stayed virtually the same in comparison: http://aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-SCLY1-W-SQP-07.PDF
    That's because sociology isn't a science, and therefore the exams cannot be made in that "sciency" way like they can with psychology.

:p: (If that makes any sense).

Anyway, a drop in standards isn't surprising, let's just hope the grade boundaries are higher, because for A-level psychology at the moment they are ridiculously low.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lottie66)
    well thats good cos im just about to start aqa as psychology!
    Not really, because universities are to going to look at it in an even worse light than its in already!

ReputationRep:
    Well AQA B Psychology already had a format like that so maybe AQA A has adopted that format.

Anyway I think that the old AQA A was easier as you could write loads of essays and one will come up. Just look through PYA1 and PYA2 and you will see that some questions have been repeated year on year! The new way looks easier but I bet more students will lose easy marks!

In the old spec every one new that AO1 6 6 6 = 18 and AO2 = 12 in each section. So marks are easy to get!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Just wait until you get the 30 mark PYA5 essays :teeth:
    Yeah...looked at some past papers...and immediately wondered why i was insane enough to carry it on!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not complaining.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.