Mini-Pupillage Application Form - Word document

Watch
Pythian
Badges: 12
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi all,

I want to fill out a mini-pupillage application form and I notice that it's in a word document.

With a pdf = I print it out, fill it in & then scan it to my emails.

But with a word doc, are we expected to fill in the boxes on the screen? Or should I treat it as a pdf.

Thanks
Crazy Jamie
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Unless you're directed otherwise, just fill in the boxes on the screen. Much easier than printing out and then re scanning, or it should be anyway.
Pythian
Badges: 12
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Ok. Thanks Jamie.
Kessler`
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It's worth looking into pdf editing software that allows you to type into boxes on a PDF file. Given the way that the Bar is embracing remote working and digitalisation of papers/evidence etc, being able to demonstrate proficiency with the software is a very useful attribute. At my chambers we have actually discussed this and how we are on the lookout within applications for the candidates who can demonstrate familiarity and ease of use with computer technology! If you are given an application form going forward - at any chambers - I'd recommend that you start from the view that you are expected to fill it with typed text and not handwritten answers unless instructed otherwise.

In a nice touch, it is tradition with us that pupils seeking tenancy at the end of their second six must handwrite a personal letter to the Head of Chambers, using a fountain pen and 'nice' paper to set out their application to join. I still remember carefully writing out that letter in the common room, both of us pupils focusing in silence and the only sound the slow scratching of pen nib on the parchment-type paper! I think all the letters are stored in an archive somewhere. Will be a nice cache for some investigator decades/hundreds of years in the future!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (180)
24.73%
Better than expected (146)
20.05%
Worse than expected (402)
55.22%

Watched Threads