?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I am getting fat day by day what should i do to avoid this
TheHumanCarrot
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Make realistic improvements to your lifestyle and make health-conscious decisions. For example, eat more portions of fruits etc., smaller meals, stairs instead of lift, walk instead of driving, instead of watching TV go on a walk or do a workout...
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Avoid gluttony, laziness and complacency.
Learn how to homecook food from scratch and do regular daily exercise as a matter of habit.
Understand the difference between being: plump, very fat but not overweight enough to meet the obesity criteria, obese and super obese.
Sam.C.Mat
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What worked for me - though obviously that's N=1 and you'd have to do your own research - was the Snake Diet.
It's not for everyone as it's pretty hardcore and the spokesman uses a lot of negative motivation.. I lost 10kg and kept it off in 3 months. A friend who was 140kg cut down to 110 in the same time.

Insert obligatory not a doctor, dietician, expert, nutritionist, physical trainer.... just a statement of what worked for me.
Fermion.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Make home cooked meals
Reduce your portions by at least a half
Eat from a smaller plate
Drink lots of water to fill you up
Exercise (brisk walk for an hour everyday if you can’t run)
Calorie count and ensure you’re always in a calorie deficit
Switch to low fat skimmed milk or a healthier alternative if you drink a lot of tea
Replace sugar with sweetener
Avoid too many carbs and stick to whole meal stuff if you need to (personally I don’t eat bread or pasta or rice) but you can have quinoa as a healthier rice alternative
Replace half of your plate with vegetables or salad
Raven Firefly
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I know this is weird but I chew gum to stop myself from eating when I'm not hungry because I would just eat whenever I'm bored. When I'm chewing gum I am doing something and am less likely to eat. If you just eat when you have nothing else to do I would recommend chewing gum. It helped me.
Nutritionist
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Get out and exercise, eat less, make smarter food decisions (E.g. switch to skimmed milk, grill don’t fry etc), cut out liquid calories, eat foods that are high volume but low calorie to fill you up (any veg or fruit, low fat yoghurt, potatoes, some grains etc etc)
Bradley Gifford
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by StevenJ1234)
I am getting fat day by day what should i do to avoid this
Cut out junk food, alcohol, chocolate, candy, food high in salt and sugar.
gtty123
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Raven Firefly)
I know this is weird but I chew gum to stop myself from eating when I'm not hungry because I would just eat whenever I'm bored. When I'm chewing gum I am doing something and am less likely to eat. If you just eat when you have nothing else to do I would recommend chewing gum. It helped me.
It's not "weird" at all. I think most people would agree that this is a reasonable approach to take.
Raven Firefly
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by gtty123)
It's not "weird" at all. I think most people would agree that this is a reasonable approach to take.
I'm glad to hear that. It was just when I told my parents about it, they thought it was weird.
gtty123
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm glad to hear that. It was just when I told my parents about it, they thought it was weird.
I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion at the end of the day. But, in my opinion, I'd see it as a reasonable approach to take.
Fermion.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I can attest to this and it does work. Tricks your brain into thinking you're "eating" when you're just chewing gum. It's all psychological I guess.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (193)
33.22%
Receiving them online / by email (291)
50.09%
I still don't know (97)
16.7%

Watched Threads