The Student Room Group

What degree best combines engineering with computer programming ?

I worry that if I pursue engineering alone, then the job growth isn't actually that high according to some youtubers in classical engineering disciplines, particularly mechanical.

I figured that it would be best for me to try and combine mechanical engineering with technology, like how people make robotics, that kind of thing.

What do you guys think about this and what jobs offer this happy medium ?
Probably electronic/information/computer systems engineering (which all broadly refer to the same kinds of courses), since those are actually based on the engineering principles of computers and how they're designed and work from the bottom up (and you will usually do a bit more programming than the average engineering course on those degrees).
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
Probably electronic/information/computer systems engineering (which all broadly refer to the same kinds of courses), since those are actually based on the engineering principles of computers and how they're designed and work from the bottom up (and you will usually do a bit more programming than the average engineering course on those degrees).

Yeah, that does sound good tbf. I have been looking into that.
Reply 3
What about “software engineering” ?

Quick Reply

Latest