The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
domino0806
Like anyone cares about the difference

lol
Terrible thing he did but I fail to see how him being Inian had anything to do with it. Did he say racial slurs?
ch0c0h01ic
You may not believe it, but many criminals claim to be innocent in an attempt to escape arrest. Also many 'victims' often get angry, get abusive, etc which doesn't give any more weight or credibility to their stories, especially if alcohol is involved. Sometimes the victims aren't the ones that come away with injuries if their victim fought back.

Also your description of the assailant hardly adds testament to your story, 'he's a hench asian guy', no offence but it is the textbook response of a criminal trying not to get caught 'ern no, it wasn't me it was a black guy, stocky, wearing a hoody and he ran that way', give the obscure description of someone off the top of your head so that they concentrate their concerns elsewhere. I know you're a victim but you didn't do yourself any favours, maybe they'd treated you differently if you described what clothes he was wearing, height, whereabouts he was in the club, etc.

Also, what the hell did you do to make the bouncers want to chuck you out? You have to give them a reason to, which again, isn't going to look good to the attending police officers.

Maybe none of this applies to you, maybe it does, but bear in mind that it is a tough job and sometimes it is difficult to distinguish between criminal and victim. I might also add that the police are not a taxi service.

To me it sounds like they've done nothing wrong. If you do think they were out of order by all means go in and make a complaint.

Again, that is what https://www.cica.gov.uk/ is for.

Well if you want to get the bastard caught don't sit on your arse, go in and make a statement, give a description, whatever evidence you have, maybe the shirt you were wearing, etc. Surprisingly a lot of 'victims' don't make statements which is why police don't pursue cases and/or don't have the evidence to prosecute. Also, think about going into the club/bar/whatever and getting a copy of the CCTV tapes, get witnesses to your account of the story, etc.

Again, the taxpayer foots the bill for any court action if you're a victim.

Ok i'm not particularly up for responding to such a combative and disputatious post but here I go. The guy was short, light brown skin possibly middle eastern origin. It was dark. I was in the middle of the club. And he threw a glass at me that was the type you get double vodka + mixer in. Thats literally all I have to say. Excuse me if I didnt pick up his eye color or writing on his shoes while I was trying to stop myself bleeding. How unthoughtful of me. Because of this its clear to the police that I am actually the agressor and thats cleverly planned an injury to make it look like im the victim.

I'm sorry but I thought common sense and statistics were used to fight crime not reverse psychology ******** that you spout. I mean cumon. Seriously!

And about the bouncers kicking me out. They really do just kick you out for anything. To be fair I understand bouncers tend to like the violence and normally look for excuses to tout their importance in society when the reality is they are on very low wages are normally working class and would be seen by most to be failing in life and unsavoury characters, I mean after all how else can you legally make your day to day activity getting involved in street fights? Im not saying thats always true but that is the sterotype. Personally if i was a policemen or bouncer I would assume that the victim is the one with the most injuries, I don't see why you would disagree with this.

Lets count the number of bouncers with degree education.

Lets count the number of bouncers with past criminal records.

I didn't count the number of people kicked out that night but it was definatly over 30. Sometimes these people are just as bad as the people they are kicking out.
Toxic Tears
Terrible thing he did but I fail to see how him being Inian had anything to do with it. Did he say racial slurs?

...You've forgotten about the token member of the quaint travelling folk community as well.
Reply 44
cookieman
And about the bouncers kicking me out. They really do just kick you out for anything. To be fair I understand bouncers tend to like the violence and normally look for excuses to tout their importance in society when the reality is they are on very low wages are normally working class and would be seen by most to be failing in life and unsavoury characters, I mean after all how else can you legally make your day to day activity getting involved in street fights? Im not saying thats always true but that is the sterotype. Personally if i was a policemen or bouncer I would assume that the victim is the one with the most injuries, I don't see why you would disagree with this.

You pretentious ****.
L i b
You pretentious ****.

That coming from someone with this in their profile:

Libertarian, champion of the right, the one man who is making it cool to be a Scottish Tory once more; an Internationalist, a scholar and, dare I say, a gentlemen - exuding suaveness and sophistication at every turn.

Give us a break L I B. That is my opinion. Do you care to voice yours? I'm guessing it goes along the lines of:

a) All bouncers are different they even do a degree in bouncer studies these days.
b) You shouldn't descriminate against those with criminal backgrounds - think equal oppertunities!!
c) It was actually your fault all along and the bouncers did everything right that night and you should send them some flowers and say sorry.

I am so fed up with this politically correct ******** I think im just going to stab someone go to prison and play pool all day with free gym access. Why don't you try getting glassed in the face and see how liberal you feel then?
cookieman
Yeh but to press charges wont it cost me money?:s-smilie:

Definitely not in the case of criminal charges.

Have a look at http://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q142.htm

and get in touch with

http://www.thamesvalley.police.uk/faq/default.asp?Action=Q&ID=532

- They are the police force that cover Reading.
cookieman
Because of this its clear to the police that I am actually the agressor and thats cleverly planned an injury to make it look like im the victim.

Personally if i was a policemen or bouncer I would assume that the victim is the one with the most injuries, I don't see why you would disagree with this.

I'm sorry but I thought common sense and statistics were used to fight crime not reverse psychology ******** that you spout. I mean cumon. Seriously!

Lets put it this way, if someone tried to mug me they'd come off a damn sight worse than I would even though I am the victim. I have broken noses in my time in an act of self defense, I have known of people knocking out teeth in the act of self defence and much worse, I will say again, even if you have injuries which you can't possibly have faked, it doesn't necessarily mean you're the innocent party.

Wounds, however bad, don't tell the whole story, what happened, who was the aggressor, etc. It may seem clear cut to you, but it probably wasn't to the police otherwise they wouldn't have tried to arrest you. Do I also need to point out that they aren't mind readers.

Also, again, it is the new world, you do have to give the police a reason to arrest you these days, or want to arrest you.

cookieman
And about the bouncers kicking me out. They really do just kick you out for anything. To be fair I understand bouncers tend to like the violence and normally look for excuses to tout their importance in society when the reality is they are on very low wages are normally working class and would be seen by most to be failing in life and unsavoury characters, I mean after all how else can you legally make your day to day activity getting involved in street fights? Im not saying thats always true but that is the sterotype.

I didn't count the number of people kicked out that night but it was definatly over 30. Sometimes these people are just as bad as the people they are kicking out.

So by your own account bouncers kick out 'bad' people most of the time... From my personal experience you have to be abusive, violent, extremely drunk and/or causing criminal damage, or words to that effect to warrant being kicked out...

Whether they have degrees or not is irrelevant and it doesn't mean they aren't any better or worse at their job than anyone else.

Also, who cares about stereotypes, they aren't representative of the real world.

To me it sounds like there's more to this than meets the eye.
Damn, he really must of hit you hard with that glass to knock teeth out. I hope you get better, must of been a truly horrid experience for you.

I know it seems pointless but do ALL you can by working with the police to nail this guy, he doesn't deserve to get away with it. I'm shocked he was able to walk out the place without any of the bouncers, or even other people, grabbing hold of him until the police turn up.
ch0c0h01ic
Lets put it this way, if someone tried to mug me they'd come off a damn sight worse than I would even though I am the victim. I have broken noses in my time in an act of self defense, I have known of people knocking out teeth in the act of self defence and much worse, I will say again, even if you have injuries which you can't possibly have faked, it doesn't necessarily mean you're the innocent party.

Wounds, however bad, don't tell the whole story, what happened, who was the aggressor, etc. It may seem clear cut to you, but it probably wasn't to the police otherwise they wouldn't have tried to arrest you. Do I also need to point out that they aren't mind readers.

Also, again, it is the new world, you do have to give the police a reason to arrest you these days, or want to arrest you.

So by your own account bouncers kick out 'bad' people most of the time... From my personal experience you have to be abusive, violent, extremely drunk and/or causing criminal damage, or words to that effect to warrant being kicked out...

Whether they have degrees or not is irrelevant and it doesn't mean they aren't any better or worse at their job than anyone else.

Also, who cares about stereotypes, they aren't representative of the real world.

To me it sounds like there's more to this than meets the eye.

Congrats your psychological wisdom has reached new heights, uve astounded us all with your ability to describe yourself beating up a mugger and then gone that extra stride to show that not only are you a macho man but you also worked out that I, an annonmous poster on a student forum am actually lying to you.

To be honest i'm putting your opinion down to a complete lack touch with reality. I'm not saying that all bouncers are how I described. Im not saying they are always bad people, im just saying that alot of them are and you just havn't seen how they react in situations to warrent a valid opinion, either that or you are just plain wrong in my eyes.

I come on a forum looking for a bit of sympathy and you two just remind me how many pricks there are trying to put you down in the world and it just makes me depressed. Have a little faith.
NW8_SW1_EC3
Damn, he really must of hit you hard with that glass to knock teeth out. I hope you get better, must of been a truly horrid experience for you.

I know it seems pointless but do ALL you can by working with the police to nail this guy, he doesn't deserve to get away with it. I'm shocked he was able to walk out the place without any of the bouncers, or even other people, grabbing hold of him until the police turn up.

I don't really know what happened to him I just left as soon as I had spoken to the police. Didn't really want to hang around and find out.
Reply 51
cookieman
I'm afraid i don't have enough money to try and press charges against anyone especially considering the dental bill im begging my parents to pay for, either that or go another £2000 in debt on top of what I already owe the university.

Gunna go to police station tomorrow and see if I can file a complaint or ask them to try and catch whoever did it. I don't really have any other description apart from the guy was built stocky and asian. I'm half scared I will be accused of being a racist and end up with community service hours to do as well!

I think im going to emigrate to when i reach 22. Maybe find a nice place to retire from my fast paced british life lol and meet some nice locals who respect one another.

To whoever asked it happened in Reading,

Have you thought about criminal injury compensation?
cookieman
Congrats your phyclological wisdom has reached new heights, uve astounded us all with your ability to describe yourself beating up a mugger and then gone that extra stride to show that not only are you a macho man but you also worked out that I, an annonmous poster on a student forum am actually lying to you.

To be honest i'm putting your opinion down to a complete lack touch with reality. I'm not saying that all bouncers are how I described. Im not saying they are always bad people, im just saying that alot of them are and you just havn't seen how they react in situations to warrent a valid opinion, either that or you are just plain wrong in my eyes.

I come on a forum looking for a bit of sympathy and you two just remind me how many pricks there are trying to put you down in the world and it just makes me depressed. Have a little faith.

You've got a crap attitude which is probably partly what got you into the trouble you experienced (if not with your attacker with the bouncers and/or police). All we have tried to do is give you advice on how you should act now, and how you could act better if something like this should happen again. All I have done is try to explain the viewpoint of the police, the bouncers, etc. All you have done is be abusive, reel off stereotypes and condescending talk of others.

I do have a very heavy touch with reality, to many I know I'm much more versed on what actually goes on and what actually happens. From all of my experiences every time a bouncer has kicked someone I know out, or someone I've seen, etc it has ALWAYS been warranted, most of the time being as a result of excessive drink, violence, abuse, etc. Those who are polite and respectful never seem to experience any problems with the bouncers strangely. On the occasions when I, or one of my friends have needed their help they have always risen to the challenge. Ditto on the police front, the only times people I know or seen have been stopped, arrested/whatever, it has always been warranted. However, whenever I have had dealings with the police, been polite, shown respect, I've never had any problems.

You get arsey, you get abusive, you withhold the reason why the bouncers chucked you out, you withhold the reason why the police wanted to arrest you... I never said you're not the victim, I'm saying there is more to this than you have told us which could explain why the bouncers treated you in such a way and why the police acted in such a way.

And if it is so easy to play cluedo, why is it that a lot of crime goes unsolved, why people get wrongly convicted, etc. IF anything it seems you're detached from the real world.
ch0c0h01ic
You've got a crap attitude which is probably partly what got you into the trouble you experienced (if not with your attacker with the bouncers and/or police). All we have tried to do is give you advice on how you should act now, and how you could act better if something like this should happen again. All I have done is try to explain the viewpoint of the police, the bouncers, etc. All you have done is be abusive, reel off stereotypes and condescending talk of others.

I do have a very heavy touch with reality, to many I know I'm much more versed on what actually goes on and what actually happens. From all of my experiences every time a bouncer has kicked someone I know out, or someone I've seen, etc it has ALWAYS been warranted, most of the time being as a result of excessive drink, violence, abuse, etc. Those who are polite and respectful never seem to experience any problems with the bouncers strangely. On the occasions when I, or one of my friends have needed their help they have always risen to the challenge. Ditto on the police front, the only times people I know or seen have been stopped, arrested/whatever, it has always been warranted. However, whenever I have had dealings with the police, been polite, shown respect, I've never had any problems.

You get arsey, you get abusive, you withhold the reason why the bouncers chucked you out, you withhold the reason why the police wanted to arrest you... I never said you're not the victim, I'm saying there is more to this than you have told us which could explain why the bouncers treated you in such a way and why the police acted in such a way.

And if it is so easy to play cluedo, why is it that a lot of crime goes unsolved, why people get wrongly convicted, etc. IF anything it seems you're detached from the real world.

Totally agree, in my experience also. But I have heard several stories of nightclub bouncers and the Police acting unfairly, so I'm not going to dismiss those stories based on the fact that I haven't seen/experienced it personally.
No ive got a crap attitude NOW because of whats happened and this topic. Bouncers will kick anyone out who is even slightly involved in trouble. I didn't say anything to the bouncers. But if you arnt going to believe my story then im not going to try and convince you because I know what happened.

This is making me really depressed, just leave it, If you think I have a bad attitude and I deserved to be bottled then fine but keep those thoughts in your head. I don't need to be told by some forum loser that its actually me thats wrong with the world not the people that go round with weapons and kill/rape people.

Sometimes the bouncers and police do it right, but other times they do it very wrong. How about you keep the false accusations to yourself.
Reply 55

Last night I got a glass thrown at my face by a drunk indian guy who was looking for a fight. After making stupid slurs about my familly. Apparently deserving this treatment because I walked to close to him when i went past, I didn't swing a punch or even start a rucus just walked away.

So he called you a "mother ****er" for spilling his drink?
Then you called him a "stupid Paki" and walked away?

Even if that's how it played out,the violence was totally out of order.
You should have pressed criminal charges.
Right, so a guy gets a glass slammed in his mouth and gets probobaly one of the most painful things ever done to him, and all people on this forum worry about is how politically correct he is. This really ****ing pisses me off the way this country is at the moment will probobaly mean that the jeb out there will not be brought to justice and if he is he'll play the racist card and cookieman will seem like the bad guy. Ridiculous.
willsowerz!!
Right, so a guy gets a glass slammed in his mouth and gets probobaly one of the most painful things ever done to him, and all people on this forum worry about is how politically correct he is. This really ****ing pisses me off the way this country is at the moment will probobaly mean that the jeb out there will not be brought to justice and if he is he'll play the racist card and cookieman will seem like the bad guy. Ridiculous.

I agree with you up to there, but who are you to say he'll defiantly play the race card? There is no ****ing race card to play, you obviously read too many rubbish newspapers and think ethnic minorities get away with murder.

The OP needs advice how to get justice, can everyone just get over the ethnicity of the idiot who attacked him.
Reply 58
willsowerz!!

I'm sorry for what happened to him.But I don't understand why cookieman didn't give a description of the assailant to the police and look towards pressing charges.
Unless you can give me a decent reason otherwise,whether or not the attacker was 'Indian' is totally irrelevant,under the circumstances.
I'm not being too politically correct in saying that,am I?
You know what lesson I learned from your story...that maybe you should've reacted instead of walking away. Either way you would've gotten thrown out of the club might as well send him to the hospital with a broken jaw.

Latest

Trending

Trending