Problems with proof of identity form, will this impact when my loan kicks in?

Watch
Wise_Old_Maxam
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hey everybody,
I'm a student from the EU. I've been having trouble getting my loan because of the certifier checklist thing (wasn't able to get my paper stamped because of the lockdown, then had the wrong stamp, etc). It's now mid July and my paperwork realistically won't get to England until early August. Will my loan still be able to kick in by the beginning of the school year? i started my application in April.
Thanks
NeroliTenzing
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It's a faffy system, seems you got the worst of it. It depends what you applied for - there are two types of EU students. One can only apply for tuition fee and the second type can apply for everything as they've lived in England long enough.
I would say if you just applied for a tuition fee and/ or the basic maintenance loan (where your parents/ partner's finances were not needed) you'll be good to go, it should be approved within a few days of the ID going through.
It'll be longer if they do need to process your parents' info and that's where it'll start to get closer to the start date. (if so, make sure you and your parents all check your separate accounts often for any requests).
Once you do get the approval letter, be aware it's 2-3 weeks for your National Insurance number to clear as it's your first application before anything could be paid out. Hope that makes sense.
Stephb1502
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I’m guessing if you’re sending certified ID you’re a TF only app, you’ll be fine if you get it sent off. If you’re applying for maintenance loan too you have to send original ID
Shirohige
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Wise_Old_Maxam)
Hey everybody,
I'm a student from the EU. I've been having trouble getting my loan because of the certifier checklist thing (wasn't able to get my paper stamped because of the lockdown, then had the wrong stamp, etc). It's now mid July and my paperwork realistically won't get to England until early August. Will my loan still be able to kick in by the beginning of the school year? i started my application in April.
Thanks
To be realistic. It'll likely be reaaaaaaaally tight. Even if they process your Id in a 2 week time frame. It'll likely take then another x amount of weeks to approve.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (161)
38.24%
Take autumn exams (128)
30.4%
Look for a job (15)
3.56%
Consider an apprenticeship (18)
4.28%
Take a year out (72)
17.1%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (27)
6.41%

Watched Threads