The Student Room Group

Tagging along with family to go to social events

Does anyone else feel this way? :frown: I have no friends, I'v been on bumble BFF for over a year and haven't had much luck. My close friend lives in London whereas I live up north, due to the pandemic our plans of meeting together have been pushed back but since lockdown has been lifted I hope to see her next month. Other than that, I have no friends in this city or at all. No one texts and calls me. I only go to social events based on my family, if I want to go somewhere like a concert or a night out I am depending on my family. And if my family have their own events with their friends I'm invited as a tag a long. That's my only social interaction :/ I really hate how my social life has been become. It's embarrassing seeing all of my cousins be able to have fun and go out with their friends. And I've been so unlucky with connecting with anyone here. I'm currently in university and start my 3rd year in September and when I say I have no friends I mean it.
My social life when I was in college and school was so much fun, positive and outgoing. Developed nice friendship friendships groups etc and I have nowhere had the joy in university, all I can think of is graduating and moving on :/ I don't know what todo, but I feel some kind of way about this. Advice would help, thanks
Original post by Anonymous
Does anyone else feel this way? :frown: I have no friends, I'v been on bumble BFF for over a year and haven't had much luck. My close friend lives in London whereas I live up north, due to the pandemic our plans of meeting together have been pushed back but since lockdown has been lifted I hope to see her next month. Other than that, I have no friends in this city or at all. No one texts and calls me. I only go to social events based on my family, if I want to go somewhere like a concert or a night out I am depending on my family. And if my family have their own events with their friends I'm invited as a tag a long. That's my only social interaction :/ I really hate how my social life has been become. It's embarrassing seeing all of my cousins be able to have fun and go out with their friends. And I've been so unlucky with connecting with anyone here. I'm currently in university and start my 3rd year in September and when I say I have no friends I mean it.
My social life when I was in college and school was so much fun, positive and outgoing. Developed nice friendship friendships groups etc and I have nowhere had the joy in university, all I can think of is graduating and moving on :/ I don't know what todo, but I feel some kind of way about this. Advice would help, thanks

Hi. I am currently in year 8 and today is my last day of year 8. Anyways, I fell like that. My advice: Do you have any family members? Or neighbours. If so, maybe you could chat to them about this or call them. I am lonely in school. And maybe you could call some of your freinds if you have their contact still. I am so sorry, if this didn't help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending