Turn on thread page Beta

Guys - Fashion labels you hate, and why. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domino0806)
    There may be a reason for that
    A&F is amazing and the store in Savile Row is super
    The store is amazing, the clothes sadly are not all that tbh.
    I just returned a £70 pound shirt from Abercrombie and bought myself a shirt 10x nicer at H&M for £20.

A&F ridiculously overpriced and it's mainly stuck up people who wear it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sh0tgun)
    anything that has anything to do with skating surfing and that sort of general ********, hating tommy hil just means your a pussy
    I think disliking Tommy Hilfiger means that you don't like what they do/produce - surely everyone is allowed an opinion on such a trivial topic in some regards?

ReputationRep:
    Mckenzie, the apparel for chavs.

ReputationRep:
    kinda the same as the OP.

but also Mckenzie etc in j.d

ReputationRep:
    playboy.

(Original post by Spongebob*No*Pants)
    I just returned a £70 pound shirt from Abercrombie and bought myself a shirt 10x nicer at H&M for £20.

H&M?!! Thats disgusting. Its full of paysans squabbling for pieces of cloth.
    A&F is so much better and what youre saying is just totts stupid

ReputationRep:

A&F is yes more expensive, but then it's not actually THAT much more expensive.

However, when people purchase A&F/JW/SuperDry they buy into a perceived lifestyle, means of living life. Think of it has the townie version of purchasing fake Burberry also those years ago - it was a means of identification. The only difference is that A&F/JW/SD conveys it's own message/perception.

I think saying that only stuck up people wearing it, is a stuck up comment in it's own right.

ReputationRep:
    I can't find any clothing I particularly like, I looked in the shops the other day for hoodies with a design I liked and found none.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holdyourcolour)
    I think disliking Tommy Hilfiger means that you don't like what they do/produce - surely everyone is allowed an opinion on such a trivial topic in some regards?
    sorry I don't let my mum buy my clothes for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sh0tgun)
    sorry I don't let my mum buy my clothes for me
    I'm glad - **** knows how she would put up with you.

ReputationRep:
    H&M?!! Thats disgusting. Its full of paysans squabbling for pieces of cloth.
    A&F is so much better and what youre saying is just totts stupid
    What the hell is a paysen. And i have to agree they genrally have crappy clothes except the one on regents street. If you go there you'd see how they really do sell good quality clothes. A&F is also waaayy too popular now a days. It must stop.

(Original post by holdyourcolour)
    A&F is yes more expensive, but then it's not actually THAT much more expensive.

However, when people purchase A&F/JW/SuperDry they buy into a perceived lifestyle, means of living life. Think of it has the townie version of purchasing fake Burberry also those years ago - it was a means of identification. The only difference is that A&F/JW/SD conveys it's own message/perception.

I think saying that only stuck up people wearing it, is a stuck up comment in it's own right.
    Really?? A very plain looking shirt qith average quality from abercrombie or 2 very good looking, distinctive, shirts from the H&M in Regents st?

Well to be honest most people i know that wear A&M are very stuck up, but that's just my opinion.

with a passion:
    ben sherman
    next
    burton
    topman
    ted baker
    bench
    goi gio
    firetrap
    levis
    superdry
    fenchurch
    HENLEYS!!
    i dont count adidas/nicholson/ecko as fashion

its more the style that really gets me up the chuff than anything else

moderately:
    tommy hilfiger
    diesel (dotn own any but it looks ok)
    lacoste (some styles. eg lacoste shoes are particularly awful)

ED: oh yeah just came back from lads holiday in turkey, ive never felt so underdressed. its all fake but alll the local turks in every club are wearing the most apparently expensive and limited edition clothes ever, its weird going somewhere like that and chatting to some turkish guy who works on some £10 a day job and stands there in the same special edition RL polo I (my mother actually) queued for for half an hour.
    anyway add to that list what every turk and his 'friend' was wearig : g star raw, ed hardy, D&G (never liked it that much anyway cos all the cheaper items are crap and the only half good stuff starts at like £600 imo)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daniel_williams)
    lyle and scott... can't stand it, everyone seems to be wearing it now and its becoming too common, plus i've seen chavvy kids wearing them on lads ngiths out so yeah thats going straight to the top of my list.

will come back later with more!
    Too common? Never heard of it :dontknow:

What the hell is a paysen. And i have to agree they genrally have crappy clothes except the one on regents street. If you go there you'd see how they really do sell good quality clothes. A&F is also waaayy too popular now a days. It must stop.

Really?? A very plain looking shirt qith average quality from abercrombie or 2 very good looking, distinctive, shirts from the H&M in Regents st?

Well to be honest most people i know that wear A&M are very stuck up, but that's just my opinion.

All of H&M is disgusting and poor.
    It would be social suicide to wear it.

(Original post by SillyFencer)
    must jsut be around cambridge/hertfordshrie and london that everyone is wearing them, seriously i see them everywhere!

ReputationRep:
    All of H&M is disgusting and poor.
    It would be social suicide to wear it.
    Your a moron.

Your a moron.
    Dont write in slang you twerp thats such peasantly behaviour

ReputationRep:
    Anything with massive logos or the name of the brand plastered all over their apparel. Anything that is seriously overpriced for no apparent reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyFencer)
    i have two Lyle and Scott polo shirts, they're pretty nice I thought. Though similar to Fred Perry I have seen chavs wearing the brand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lateralus)
    G-Star
    Gio Goi
    Henleys
    Superdry...etc.
    I love Gio Goi T-shirts, but each to their own.

Also, why to people slate Topman. Yes its mass produced but if you don't overdo it, its totally fine.

To be honest I don't really look at labels to much, I go for things that look good on ME and fit my body type so labels usually come second for me.

However I find A&F and GAP incredibly dull and boring.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.