Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got the inspiration for this from a thread about going for periods of time without bathing.

So... what's the longest you've gone without brushing your teeth?

I think mine is about 3 weeks, last summer. I was just too lazy to...
    The only thing that made me brush them was a trip to the dentist :rolleyes:

EDIT: I did 'wash' them, with my finger and some toothpaste, so it's not as bad as previously thought lol, i was just too lazy to do the whole brush routine

ReputationRep:
    Ewwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

ReputationRep:
    I've never gone longer than a week long exercise.

Although I did meet a patient who had his jaw wired shut for 8 weeks - it was pretty minging.

ReputationRep:
    That is honestly disgusting.
    The longest I've been is probably overnight after staying out etc, but I've brushed them when I've gotten in. Can't deal with the fuzzy feeling :no:

ReputationRep:
    About 4 days. I had a nasty ear infection and to even touch my jaw hurt.

ReputationRep:
    3 weeks?! :eek: thats horrendous!!! ive been about 3 days without toothpaste (ran out) i still had a stab at just using water but that tasted bad

ReputationRep:
    I would probably say about 4/5 days :o: Which was when i was really ill last summer.

But i only brush my teeth once a day anyways, so it's easy to miss a day if i'm not going out or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Epic Win)
    I got the inspiration for this from a thread about going for periods of time without bathing.

So... what's the longest you've gone without brushing your teeth?

I think mine is about 3 weeks, last summer. I was just too lazy to...
    The only thing that made me brush them was a trip to the dentist :rolleyes:
    3 Weeks :lolwut: Must've been smelly in there. But then again you could mix and match your meals. 'Ah, on this tooth I have the remains of last weeks' curry, and on this tooth I have chicken; yay, lets make chicken curry!' :p:

Mine has to be... 3 days tops. When I was about 8 I think. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe 48 hours, at the most.

ReputationRep:
    ugh i can't not clean my teeth - i have a thing about teeth. I think mine was about 3 days when i had surgery on my mouth and i physically couldn't - after that i cleaned them despite the pain. eeew

ReputationRep:
    about 8hrs

I have to clean my teeth in the morning after breakfast and last thing before I goto bed. Even if I am ill, I can't not clean my teeth, doesn't feel right

About 2 and a half weeks when I had glandular fever, was using mouthwash at least though.

Also probably about that or longer, can't really remember when I had a brain haemorraghe and teeth brushing was the last thing in the world that I cared about.

ReputationRep:
    2 days
    IDK Why though.

ReputationRep:
    A couple of days I would say.

ReputationRep:
    hrmmm.... oh yea i always clean my teeth at least 3 times a day!!!
    do i hell!!!

longest time would have to be about.... two weeks, just 'cause i'm lazy.
    usually once a day tho

ReputationRep:
    2/3 weeks.

Brushing actually doesnt do all that much, it wont get deep in to the root, especially if sugary drinks are consumed. Parts of China and India still dont bother with a toothbrush, my mate used to just grab a twig and use that.

What I do: Boiling water - or as hot as you can manage, mix it with salt, rinse the mouth...jobs a good 'un

ReputationRep:
    Maybe 24hours if i forgot my toothbrush whilst staying over friends

but even then i used my finger and toothpaste and brushed as soon as i got home!

eww 3weeks!

ReputationRep:
    probably the first few months of my life when i didn't have teeth.

ReputationRep:
    about 3-4 days tho that was wen i was climbing mount kenya last summer where also werent showers and all water had to be purifyed in normal conditions i always brush twice a day

ReputationRep:
    48 hours max. But thats very rare. I hate that furry feeling once they get too dirty.

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.