Ratcliffe1991
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi. I took an equivalent gcse English exam today which was just one paper and it was paper 2. I completed section a however the time just ran away and I only wrote a plan a few sentences. They mark it as 24 for content and then 16 for spelling etc. So will they give me 16 marks for what I have put and then deduct any for spelling and such? Or will they not mark it at all with it being not finished?
Englishteacher24
Badges: 10
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Just to confirm, you did not submit a complete response for section B, Q5?

They will mark whatever you have written, even if it is incomplete. Marks are given rather than taken away. You don't start with 40 marks and then lose marks. You need to meet the success criteria in order to gain marks.

Based on a plan and a few sentences, it is unlikely that you will be able to get above L1 (1-6 / 24) or lower L2 (7-9 / 24) for content, as it is unlikely that you have written enough to demonstrate the necessary skills / ability (e.g. sustained attempt to match register and purpose, use of structural features, variety of ideas). Depending on how much you have written, you may be able to pick up more SPaG marks. Again though, this is likely to be limited to L1 (1-4 / 16) or L2 (5-8). L3 requires you to write more, in order to show off your grasp of punctuation, vocabulary, and ability to use various sentence types. It is difficult to achieve this in a very short response.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (25)
28.41%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
35.23%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (8)
9.09%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.41%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.68%
I’m starting to consider my university options (12)
13.64%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (2)
2.27%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.27%

Watched Threads