The Student Room Group

I feel so hot

Each night I sleep with my fan on, but all it does it spread the heat and therefore I'm even more flushed. How could I make myself less hot, I need to cool down.

Any ideas?
Original post by Knockout Kid
Each night I sleep with my fan on, but all it does it spread the heat and therefore I'm even more flushed. How could I make myself less hot, I need to cool down.

Any ideas?

have the same problem. I put some damp but not really wet cloths on my face. leave window and fan on all day to cool room and maybe drink some cold drink before bed and a cool shower or bath. Dont wear restricting cloths of thick cloths. sorry if this isnt very helpful!

Any ideas?

Well, the expensive solution is a get a different mattress maybe. Some mattresses are very... 'insulating'. I don't know much about it. Just google 'mattress types' and read a little.

Slightly expensive solution.

Or sleep naked next to open window, works too. Use mosquito lotion.
keep your windows and curtains closed in the day
Have a shower. Tie ur hair up. Use 1 pillow/ not so many. Use a thin sheet as a duvet instead of an acc duvet- I promise it will make a difference : )
ughh. I don't even have a fan, lol
I've have the same problem for a long time. Sometimes even with the fan on full blast and windows open I'm still way too hot. For me I've found it's a circadian rhythm thing, so it generally only happens if I go to bed 'too early' for my body clock. It's like a kind of internal heat as well, so adjusting the ambient temperature often does very little.

You could try some things like putting on cold socks, but also might be a good idea to examine how the problem changes with your body clock, as the body typically cools down at the time when it 'expects' to go to sleep.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by NonIndigenous
Or sleep naked next to open window, works too. Use mosquito lotion.

I'm not sure if you intended this to sound so dodgy or not :rofl:

Any ideas?

Here’s the thing if you room is sealed, having a fan actually heats up the room (your putting energy into the room). You need to open a door & ideally have the window open for a couple hours before you go to bed. Then when you try to go to bed the first hour or so you’ll get the natural cooling via convection but over time the ambient temperature will rise because of the fan.
Original post by josie71202
keep your windows and curtains closed in the day

Honestly, how would that make a difference?
Original post by HeartlessMonster
Honestly, how would that make a difference?

the heat doesn't get in and make the room hot. Open it after sunset
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by josie71202
the heat doesn't get in and make the room hot

I hadn't thought of that, so I suppose it is a good suggestion.
have a cold shower

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending