sex life at durham uni freshers and general

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
firmed durham but sounds really bad but want the casual sex thing whilst at uni- what is durham like in regards to this? is it common?
Anonymous #2
Report 6 months ago
Prepare to be disappointed then
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Prepare to be disappointed then
oh no, why?
Anonymous #3
Report 6 months ago
not OP here but also curious, is there any particular college known for sleeping about?
OptiWeight
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I think there is no-one who keeps data of how frequent casual sex is at Durham. Perhaps, you can ask your professor to conduct a survey and the results can be proudly displayed on their website.
Anonymous #2
Report 6 months ago
oh no, why?
Sex at freshers week is a myth. At a place like Durham you'd be very lucky. Low ranked unis possibly but unlikely. If you hear people saying they had casual sex, they are probably talking bs just to sound cool
Anonymous #1
not OP here but also curious, is there any particular college known for sleeping about?
im glad other people are curious too- im not gonna lie i want that to be part of my uni experience
Anonymous #1
Sex at freshers week is a myth. At a place like Durham you'd be very lucky. Low ranked unis possibly but unlikely. If you hear people saying they had casual sex, they are probably talking bs just to sound cool
ah- did you/do you go to Durham?
Anonymous #2
Report 6 months ago
ah- did you/do you go to Durham?
No. A current student I don't go to Durham, but don't have expectations like that, if you do prepare to get disappointed. You can't really generalise unis like that anyway. Each cohort will be different and culture changes every year.
SirDaShawn
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
firmed durham but sounds really bad but want the casual sex thing whilst at uni- what is durham like in regards to this? is it common?
dude I have been to durham and it's the most old-fashioned place , even though the people who study here are not really up-tight , they are not the casual sex type.try the bottom half universities if you want that.
Kitten in boots
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
It was thriving when I was there. We may not have the city night life of other universities but college bars, drinking in halls and Tinder means casual sex is available.

However the old truism remains. If you had the looks and personality to enjoy casual sex before university, you'll find it easy to sleep around at university. Otherwise you'll face a bit of work.
Scottishlad888
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Nothing like that going on in old Durham town
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Kitten in boots)
It was thriving when I was there. We may not have the city night life of other universities but college bars, drinking in halls and Tinder means casual sex is available.

However the old truism remains. If you had the looks and personality to enjoy casual sex before university, you'll find it easy to sleep around at university. Otherwise you'll face a bit of work.
Thanks! What college were you at and how long ago were u there? And also, what do u think of durham nighlife generally? do you go to newcatsle often?
Kitten in boots
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Thanks! What college were you at and how long ago were u there? And also, what do u think of durham nighlife generally? do you go to newcatsle often?
Van Mildert

Durham is small so there aren't that many places to go to but you can still have fun. I only went to Newcastle on a few occasions, generally for gigs, simply because getting back after midnight is a pain.
Anonymous #1
Van Mildert

Durham is small so there aren't that many places to go to but you can still have fun. I only went to Newcastle on a few occasions, generally for gigs, simply because getting back after midnight is a pain.
thanks! At Wood or been assigned it so hopefully it is very social!
Anonymous #4
Report 5 months ago
Van Mildert

I got reallocated to Mildert, is it a good one?
Anonymous #5
Report 5 months ago
This has to be satire, right?
SportScience98
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Go for the education. not based on how easy it is to get laid lol
Anonymous #6
Report 5 months ago
I had an orgy whilst I was at Durham, experimented with a girl for the first time and had sex with a guy much much older than me. Trust me, things can get pretty wild there!
Scottishlad888
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
l would like some of that
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (402)
56.38%
I don't have everything I need (311)
43.62%

Watched Threads