The Student Room Group

Bad driving instructor

Right, this was not recently, but I am interested what others think of the experience.

I chose to book a driving lesson with Red driving school, which cost me £60 and I had to pay on the day of the lesson (normally, I like to pay in advance). The instructor arrived late, drove to the local leisure centre and told me to wait in the car whilst he went to use the facilities. He was gone for over half hour and then returned and drove me to the place we'd switch seats. The entire time I was driving, he was using his phone and not paying attention, even when I almost crash by driving into another vehicle, which was parked and fortunately nobody was inside. I thought this was unprofessional, so I made a complaint about him. He then sent me an email and basically threatened to kick my head in if I didn't revert the complaint, I forwarded the email to the driving school.
Reply 1
He wasn’t from Bristol and wears trackies by any chance was he because he sounds like a typical RED instructor.... do you by any chance have his ADI badge number? It is illegal for an instructor to use their phone as they’re instructing, I suggest you send an email to [email protected] With any evidence you have (the emails etc), he should be struck off.

And if they don’t give a response PM me and I will give you the email of a guy I know in ADI Enforcement.
Original post by TheDE
He wasn’t from Bristol and wears trackies by any chance was he because he sounds like a typical RED instructor.... do you by any chance have his ADI badge number? It is illegal for an instructor to use their phone as they’re instructing, I suggest you send an email to [email protected] With any evidence you have (the emails etc), he should be struck off.

And if they don’t give a response PM me and I will give you the email of a guy I know in ADI Enforcement.

Cheers, but this was well over a year ago and all I was seeking for when I opened this thread was thoughts. I do however appreciate your help and believe he should be fired, because he was a useless fool, who knows maybe he doesn't even work for Red anymore.
Reply 3
Original post by Bradley Gifford
Cheers, but this was well over a year ago and all I was seeking for when I opened this thread was thoughts. I do however appreciate your help and believe he should be fired, because he was a useless fool, who knows maybe he doesn't even work for Red anymore.

Do it anyway, there is no time limit on complaints and he’s probably still out there doing the same to other people. If he hasn’t already lost his badge
Original post by Bradley Gifford
Right, this was not recently, but I am interested what others think of the experience.

I chose to book a driving lesson with Red driving school, which cost me £60 and I had to pay on the day of the lesson (normally, I like to pay in advance). The instructor arrived late, drove to the local leisure centre and told me to wait in the car whilst he went to use the facilities. He was gone for over half hour and then returned and drove me to the place we'd switch seats. The entire time I was driving, he was using his phone and not paying attention, even when I almost crash by driving into another vehicle, which was parked and fortunately nobody was inside. I thought this was unprofessional, so I made a complaint about him. He then sent me an email and basically threatened to kick my head in if I didn't revert the complaint, I forwarded the email to the driving school.

What I think is that this instructor is insane and is good for nothing, like how the **** can you do that :wtf: It's mental bruh :unimpressed:
Well done for making a complaint and forwarding the email to the driving school that he sent to you :congrats:
Original post by Nialler x
What I think is that this instructor is insane and is good for nothing, like how the **** can you do that :wtf: It's mental bruh :unimpressed:
Well done for making a complaint and forwarding the email to the driving school that he sent to you :congrats:

Thanks, he was definitely insane. Hopefully, no one else has to have this experience.
Original post by TheDE
Do it anyway, there is no time limit on complaints and he’s probably still out there doing the same to other people. If he hasn’t already lost his badge

There certainly is no time limit, but unfortunately I no longer have any information about him, can't even remember his name. But, I do hope nobody else has to be taught by this nutter. TY once again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending