should I mention this job in my cv as my boss is tax evading- its my only experience

Watch
shireen1212
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So long story short I joined when I was very young 17 now im 20. Had no idea that this was happening. didnt even know anything about tax. Only work there about 4hrs per week. Her own business. Until I went to apply for another job and left it. I had to get back my tax. (Had a temporary tax code) to adjust it I stupidly mentioned that I also work somewhere else and it complicated everything. The lady was asking for all this tax info that my current boss (whos tax evading) shouldve been able to provide (she jsut said she didnt have any info) . I found out I wasnt even recorded as a worker there- which made me realise I cant use this as work experience. Anyways I very narrowly avoided a serious situation with my boss getting in trouble. Now I have nothing in my cv to go by. I have two other jobs that I quit early within a few days. So now thats the only thing on my record if emplyoers check. So should I just altogether NOT mention the place I currently work at? and will the two jobs that I quit affect my situation in interview etc? will they contact my previous jobs (that I will not discuss on my cv) for references or is that only with my permission and if i provide it?
First job I quit afer a week was due to workplace bullying- mental health became very bad.Second job was a terrible one not giving shifts often
Last edited by shireen1212; 1 year ago
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is your boss willing to provide you with a reference?
If you were earning below national insurance and personal allowance thresholds, it is possible that your boss was following tax avoidance advice provided to him by his accountant or other professional tax advisers and did not do anything illegal.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
21.99%
Excited but a bit nervous (132)
45.36%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.37%
I'm really nervous (59)
20.27%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise