Turn on thread page Beta

Laughing during inappropriate situations.. watch

ReputationRep:
    We all have them. It's horrible. Uncontrollable laughter. Trying to hold it...

I have plenty, but one recent one was during a tutorial where we were going through the way aspirin works.

The COX mechanism thing came up. Every time our old decent Prof would say COX I'd have a great difficulty to smother my laughter. It was horrible. What made it worse was that none of the other students found it funny...except two other guys.

It was embarrassing too.

Ah well, what about you guys? I'm sure there are plenty..and much worse.

ReputationRep:
    When I was giving blood.

I just couldn't stop laughing. I really don't know why- it was hardly a funny situation.

ReputationRep:
    Some guy was announcing his gAs grades because we had to before we began A2 and he got a D and I was just cracking up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlushTheSystem)
    We all have them. It's horrible. Uncontrollable laughter. Trying to hold it...

I have plenty, but one recent one was during a tutorial where we were going through the way aspirin works.

The COX mechanism thing came up. Every time our old decent Prof would say COX I'd have a great difficulty to smother my laughter. It was horrible. What made it worse was that none of the other students found it funny...except two other guys.

It was embarrassing too.

Ah well, what about you guys? I'm sure there are plenty..and much worse.
    Pretty much the whole class started laughing in the middle of a minute of silence. Fortunately the teacher understood that its difficult not to when things are serious and let us all off. Its wierd how you laugh in serious situations when its not even funny

ReputationRep:
    Mine's not that bad really, but I was on a school trip to see The Woman In Black, and there's this 'sad' bit near the end, something to do with some child in a park being murdered or something, I can't really remember. Anyway, me and one or two others burst out laughing, and loads of people stared at us (:

ReputationRep:
    once a girl at school was talking to me about her mum dying in the tsunami and i was forcing myself not to laugh. It's nervous laughter, i hate it but it's hard to stop.

ReputationRep:
    I do it all the time.

I even did it when I broke my ankle :|.

Damn I am strange.

ReputationRep:
    When someone shouts at me.
    If they're giving examples of what I've done wrong, I cannot for the life of me help but laughing. I have no idea why.
    It gets me into more trouble. Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SylverStrike)
    When I was giving blood.

I just couldn't stop laughing. I really don't know why- it was hardly a funny situation.
    lol, must have been awkward for the person taking the blood.

ReputationRep:
    lol, you people are truly unbelievable

ReputationRep:
    I laughed at that bit in the Woman in Black too...

I hate nervous laughter - I get that. Or just "I know I'm not supposed to laugh, so I know equally that I will" laughter.

Today, for instance, I was observing some court cases. One 80 year old guy was having his charges read out, and he was being accused of having sex with a 13 year old girl against her will.

I very almost burst out laughing.

I didn't find it funny at all.

I can't do minute silences either.

ReputationRep:
    I laughed uncontrollably when someone told me in all seriousness that everyone on his dad's side of the family were dead.

I also laughed quite a lot when someone told me their mum fell down the stairs, when someone told me that someone else had been hit by a truck and during a talk about student finance :eek:

I also laughed far too much during a chemistry lesson where someone asked the teacher why he was taking his ring off and he replied "Well I take everything off for messy work" I was moved and had to sit in the corner for the next 4 months but it was worth it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Um well i laughed once when this guy told me his brother had died... he didn't tell me directly and i had no idea why i laughed... insensitive i know...

Also when we were doing this one day crash course in First Aid and the tutor was telling us a story about how a person would of died if someone hadn't called 999 when they did... at that moment my friends ipod was playing and i don't know why i found it found it funny but it nearly cost me the trip to Brugge the next day as it was on activity week!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlushTheSystem)
    lol, must have been awkward for the person taking the blood.
    She was a real *****, actually, so although at first I was apologetic for my giggle fits, after a while I thought that I might as well just laugh in her face. Which made me laugh even more.

A real vicious circle.

ReputationRep:
    I went to jewellers shop yesterday with my mate because he wanted the strap on his Rolex tightened and he goes up to the assistant and asks if it can be done.
    She asks how many chains he wants out the strap, my mates unsure then she asks him does he like 'it tight?' :p:
    My mate gave me a funny look and I had to look away!

ReputationRep:
    I laughed at the end of the original Spiderman where the badie got killed with his own hoverboard thingy. My friends in the cinema weren't impressed!

And yesterday, I was serving someone who bought 2 Wall-E toys for their 5-year-old son. The packaging has Wall-E's eyes on top of it, so as she was paying he held them up to his chest and went:
    "I HAVE BOOBIES!!!! I HAVE BOOBIES!!!!! Look, Mummy!! I have boobies like you!"

I probably shouldn't have laughed - the poor woman was completely embarrassed, but yea! And her husband then came over and must have thought I was very rude! (He was in another part of the shop while the child was shouting!)

ReputationRep:
    my friend is really bad at that

such as we went to go and see the film prom night at the cinema and when the people were been killed off she would start laughing

ReputationRep:
    In my Biology class the teacher was telling us something about cleavage in cells and i burst out laughing. And it was just me and 3 other girls in the class, AND the teacher was a woman.

ReputationRep:
    The word 'FLANGE' cropped up in my text book whilst we were meant to be reading silently. I was promptly asked to leave the classroom and calm down. :o:

ReputationRep:
    Back in the early days of 'Little Britain', my friends and I were, like all youths in the UK, obsessed with quoting it eg. 'i want that one', 'yeah i know' etc etc

At this time, the phrases 'Guess who's dead' and 'your mum' were also popular...
    Can you see where this is going?
    It was the most awkward situation I've ever been in, and it all happened so fast...

Scene: Myself and 3 friends sitting playing ps2
    Friend 1: guess who's dead
    Friend 2: your mum
    Friend 3: yeah i know

(friend 3's mum died when he was very young)

I just sat there, silently, waiting for somebody to say something else so I could exhale...

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.