Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do you get a pay rise when you turn 18? I started my job at the beginning of august when I was 17, now i'm 18. Am i entitled to a pay rise, my friend got one in her job? I earn £6.00 an hour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orangebanana)
    Do you get a pay rise when you turn 18? I started my job at the beginning of august when I was 17, now i'm 18. Am i entitled to a pay rise, my friend got one in her job? I earn £6.00 an hour.
    Depends entirely on the employer as far as I know.

ReputationRep:
    They don't have to give you one since you are already over adult min wage - although I suspect you may.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orangebanana)
    By law you are not entitled to one, however the policy of the company my entitle you to a pay rise. All you can do is ask!

ReputationRep:
    I've just thought - I'm in exactly the same situation as you and will have got a pay rise, (from 5.96 - 6.30 odd)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeCordell)
    Depends entirely on the employer as far as I know.
    :ditto: The only law on what you're paid is the minimum wage (which you're above). Major firms (and some small ones, although it's more likely in major ones IMO) may give you an automatic payrise, but it's entirely at their discretion.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.