Can you please take a look at my diet Watch

kurupt_07
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hiya i made a thread before about starting the gym and about my programme, which was burning 300cals i understood that the main thing is my diet.

So from today i have started to eat healthy, i cut out junk food and this is what i ate:

10:30-11:00AM: 2 BARS OF WEETABIX WITH FULL FAT MILK AND HALF A TEASPOON OF SUGAR
1:00PM: 1 CHAPPATI WITH SPINACH CURRY (im asian so cant imagine life without chappati and curry(lol), curry is home made though)
3:30PM: 1 BANANA
4:45PM: HALF OF A PLAIN DIGESTIVE BISCUIT
6:00PM 1 BANANA
7:30PM: 3 PIECES OF WHOLEMEAL BREAD WITH SPINACH CURRY (i didnt mean to eat so late, i went too see my nan today and she gave me the curry)

Can someone please tell me if this is healthy? and roughly how many calories i consumed!, to be honest im still hungry but i have told myself i cannot eat or i wont loose weight!, can anyone suggest any low calorie/healthy snacks.

Thankies in advance xx
Bebbs
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
- no protein
- no fats (depending on oil in the curry, if its homemade it wont be alot)

its pretty difficult to estimate calories based on that. Theres no portion size, and what is a spinach curry, a few leaves and a sauce, or spinach, veg, potatoes?

~1200-2000.

Be more detailed for a better estimate.
domino0806
Badges: 11
Report 10 years ago
no no no
youre eating far too much
Half a digestive biscuit should be enough
Zoombini
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
realllly depends on what was in the curry
kurupt_07
Rep:
?
(Original post by domino0806)
no no no
ermm ok...
Bebbs
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ignore the stupid HR troll and answer my question about what was in the curry
shenzys
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
lol^^^
PlusPlus12345
Report 10 years ago
for breakfast im sure you could live without the sugar and also cut it down to semi-skimmed.
n_251
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
well your diet seems OK if portions of the food are not OTT but there is no protein in there, how about some nuts? eggs? meat? unless you are a veggie, which I think you may be.
Bebbs
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
she still drinks milk, so dairy products should be acceptable for proteins.

vegetarians still eat nuts
kurupt_07
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bebbs)
- no protein

its pretty difficult to estimate calories based on that. Theres no portion size, and what is a spinach curry, a few leaves and a sauce, or spinach, veg, potatoes?

~1200-2000.

well for the chappati i had 5 tablespoons of spinach curry (its basically made of all the asian spices inc onions ginger and garlic, then you add the spinach leaves, soo it ends up kind of like a paste, see pic http://www.roti.ca/newImages/Delhi%20Saag1796.jpg)

then for the bread i used the curry as a spread, so i just spread it thinly over the 3 slices.

p.s im not veggie, im muslim, so do eat meat as long as its halal
im so academic
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
Altogther, it is around 891.5 calories. I'm not surprised you are still hungry as an average woman should consume around 1200-1500 calories a day. So you still got around 300 or so calories to play around with if you want to lose weight (that would come at around 1191.5 calories a day on average). So far your diet is generally OK, but there's still improvement such as, you still need 1-2 portions of fruit & veg extra (the two spinach curries and 2 bananas would roughly equate to 4 portions of fruit & veg), so I recommend eating 1/2 grapefruit each morning and a handful of berries at lunch. I would also recommend changing what fruit & veg you eat such as carrots for beta-carrotene, and cabbage to get some iron in you. This would give a more detailed guide.Seeing as you are eating 3 pieces of bread (even if it is wholemeal), is likely to make you feel thristy in the night. So, I would replace 1-2 slices with some water-rich foods such as 2 slices watermelon or a few pieces of cucumber. Also, I noticed a lack of protein in your diet, so I recommend eating some chicken (without skin), egg (excluding yolk) etc. I would advise some oily fish at least twice a week, giving you some omega-rich oils in your body, proven to aid weight loss and is needed for a healthy mind. My recommendation are salmon, sardines etc. To be honest, does it have to be full fat milk? I would suggest soya milk (very healthy and a good alternative). Also, one big mistake I've noticed is what's your water intake? I can't see any bit of your diet involving "drink 2 cups water with [insert healthy food here]". I would recommend at least 8 cups of water a day, more so as you are exercising (well done)! Also cut the sugar, as it is not recommend to put extra salt/sugar in your diet.

So, if you made some changes to your diet, following my guidlines, I'm sure you will lose weight, in conjunction with exercising!

P.S. Here's a sneak little trick to look slimmer: Body control shorts or Control shaping bodysuits

Good Luck! Hope it all works out in the end!
spark911
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bebbs)
- no protein

~1200-2000.

If homemade I can forsee youghurt being in the curry, which will help with protein and fat somewhat. Also, spinach is ok for protein (but you'd need a lot, but at least it is still a source of it)!
im so academic
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by domino0806)
no no no
You're wrong. Anyway, how do you know? Because I calculated it very carefully, and the OP's diet is around 891.5 calories. The average woman should consume 1200-1500 calories each day.
Adonis
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by kurupt_07)
well for the chappati i had 5 tablespoons of spinach curry (its basically made of all the asian spices inc onions ginger and garlic, then you add the spinach leaves, soo it ends up kind of like a paste, see pic http://www.roti.ca/newImages/Delhi%20Saag1796.jpg)

then for the bread i used the curry as a spread, so i just spread it thinly over the 3 slices.

p.s im not veggie, im muslim, so do eat meat as long as its halal
Q

do you ever have rice ? or just roti?

how big do u roll them?
Adonis
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by spark911)
If homemade I can forsee youghurt being in the curry, which will help with protein and fat somewhat. Also, spinach is ok for protein (but you'd need a lot, but at least it is still a source of it)!
asians would never put spniach n yoghurt together
kurupt_07
Rep:
?
We dont put yogurt in our curries at home

Today was just my first day of trying to be healthy, so i guess i didnt do to bad, even though i think i need to eat a little more, because i seem to be starving!

One more thing i need help with is how can i find out how many colories i should be eating to loose weight and so i dont starve myself. Im 5ft 1 and weigh 10st 10, my aim is to get down to 8st.
domino0806
Badges: 11
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by im so academic)
You're wrong. Anyway, how do you know? Because I calculated it very carefully, and the OP's diet is around 891.5 calories. The average woman should consume 1200-1500 calories each day.
In what way have you calculated it so precisely withouth any actual figures?
you probably made it up... and 1500 calories is the amount you need to keep your current weight so there would be no point in dieting
Emmska
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just a little point about 5 a day: its best if you try and eat 5 different types of fruit and vegetables to get a variety of nutrients P.S. They say 3 vegetables and 2 fruits due to the sugar content of fruit.
kurupt_07
Rep:
?
(Original post by Adonis)
Q

do you ever have rice ? or just roti?

how big do u roll them?
we hardly have rice and if we doo its not boiled its like a pilao with chicken or its biryani.

and our rotis are like the size of poppadoms (no other way i can think of to explain the size, sorry i dont mean to offend anyone here), well its about the size of a dinner plate, if that helps?

thanks for replying everyone im noting everything down :yep:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (170)
27.07%
No (458)
72.93%

Watched Threads