Nursing, SFE and Diploma for Higer Education

Watch
BelleClara
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello,

Failed my third year recently due to my grades in the second semester. It was a mixture of bad performance with my dissertation and of course with what has been going on since the lockdown, but mostly due to my disinterest with the course since end of second year. I don’t want to get too much into it but long story short, I did not enjoy my History course and failed, I did not have the courage to leave before because I already started it.

But it isn’t the end of the world since I had my eye on doing an MSc Graduate Entry Nursing if I get a 2:2 but it is obvi out of the window now since I only received a Diploma of Higher Education.

BUT I want to apply for a BSc Adult Nursing and this is where I would like to ask if it is possible for me to apply for a tuition fee loan from SFE? I worry more for the tuition fee as I can cover my living expenses just fine. I would really appreciate your answers.

I know that I made a mistake and failed miserably but I will turn this failure around and I refuse to stay miserable. Life is a long journey after all and I will not accept that this as my limit.
Shirohige
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by BelleClara)
Hello,

Failed my third year recently due to my grades in the second semester. It was a mixture of bad performance with my dissertation and of course with what has been going on since the lockdown, but mostly due to my disinterest with the course since end of second year. I don’t want to get too much into it but long story short, I did not enjoy my History course and failed, I did not have the courage to leave before because I already started it.

But it isn’t the end of the world since I had my eye on doing an MSc Graduate Entry Nursing if I get a 2:2 but it is obvi out of the window now since I only received a Diploma of Higher Education.

BUT I want to apply for a BSc Adult Nursing and this is where I would like to ask if it is possible for me to apply for a tuition fee loan from SFE? I worry more for the tuition fee as I can cover my living expenses just fine. I would really appreciate your answers.

I know that I made a mistake and failed miserably but I will turn this failure around and I refuse to stay miserable. Life is a long journey after all and I will not accept that this as my limit.
Hi

Usually the nursing courses are exempt from your previous studies, id imagine you will be fine
BelleClara
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Shirohige)
Hi

Usually the nursing courses are exempt from your previous studies, id imagine you will be fine
Hello, thank you for your reply. I checked with student finance and they said that any degree or diplomas tuition fee and maintenance are disregarded when applying for a healthcare degree 😁
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (161)
38.42%
Take autumn exams (127)
30.31%
Look for a job (15)
3.58%
Consider an apprenticeship (18)
4.3%
Take a year out (71)
16.95%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (27)
6.44%

Watched Threads