The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Jerking My Gerking
On their site it says:
Second Year Entry: Possible for those with advanced qualifications compatible with our degree structure (except for USA degrees).

It doesn't say whether this is for their 3 year course or 4(MMaths). Do you think an A in A2 Maths and Further maths would be 'advanced qualifications compatible with our degree structure'?

Nope. Advanced qualifications mean further study after A levels.

Going straight from A levels to 2nd year would be a massive leap - the way of thinking is vastly different from A level.
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
sweetfloss
Nope. Advanced qualifications mean further study after A levels.

Going straight from A levels to 2nd year would be a massive leap - the way of thinking is vastly different from A level.

Ahh okey thanks. How good is Leicester for moving into actuarial science?
Jerking My Gerking
Ahh okey thanks. How good is Leicester for moving into actuarial science?

In all honesty I don't really know. I am hoping to eventually go into that area when I graduate but my A level grades are definitely looking to be something of a hinderance according to my research so far. I'm going to be discussing it with the careers service during October and hopefully getting myself some work experience; so I might be able to shed some more light on that in a few weeks :smile:
sweetfloss
In all honesty I don't really know. I am hoping to eventually go into that area when I graduate but my A level grades are definitely looking to be something of a hinderance according to my research so far. I'm going to be discussing it with the careers service during October and hopefully getting myself some work experience; so I might be able to shed some more light on that in a few weeks :smile:

Ahh thanks a lot. I'd really apprecatea Pm with any info you find out.
For your help you shall be rewarded after 00:00:00 :biggrin:
Jerking My Gerking
Ahh thanks a lot. I'd really apprecatea Pm with any info you find out.
For your help you shall be rewarded after 00:00:00 :biggrin:

It's no problem at all :smile: Are you considering applying to Leicester? Are you going into your final year at sixth form?
sweetfloss
It's no problem at all :smile: Are you considering applying to Leicester? Are you going into your final year at sixth form?

Yup and yup.
Jerking My Gerking
Yup and yup.

Brilliant :smile: If you have any other questions just give me a shout!

Latest

Trending

Trending