Bookworm-278
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi, I am just about to go into my second year of studying AQA A Level Physics and I'm really struggling with the topic. My sixth form tutor is really unhelpful and unpleasant when I ask for help with the work and I didn't have a single virtual lesson with him during the lockdown - he just posted questions he expected us to work through on new topics and told us to 'use the internet' if we got stuck. I have tried to talk to the head of my sixth form about this and so have some of my classmates, as they're struggling too, but we've just been ignored. I'm really stressed that by the time I come to sit my A Level exams, I won't have the knowledge or the practical skills to reach my target grade A, especially as my tutor said he's happy with our grades as long as we get E's and not U's. I've been using resources online, including A Level Physics Online videos on YouTube, but what I really need is a tutor to help me. I wanted to ask if anyone knew of a good online tutor for the AQA specification of A Level Physics. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
swinroy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Bookworm-278)
Hi, I am just about to go into my second year of studying AQA A Level Physics and I'm really struggling with the topic. My sixth form tutor is really unhelpful and unpleasant when I ask for help with the work and I didn't have a single virtual lesson with him during the lockdown - he just posted questions he expected us to work through on new topics and told us to 'use the internet' if we got stuck. I have tried to talk to the head of my sixth form about this and so have some of my classmates, as they're struggling too, but we've just been ignored. I'm really stressed that by the time I come to sit my A Level exams, I won't have the knowledge or the practical skills to reach my target grade A, especially as my tutor said he's happy with our grades as long as we get E's and not U's. I've been using resources online, including A Level Physics Online videos on YouTube, but what I really need is a tutor to help me. I wanted to ask if anyone knew of a good online tutor for the AQA specification of A Level Physics. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Bookworm:
I am an experienced Physics Tutor with 26 five star reviews on Tutorhunt:

My website is
https://www.alanswinburne.com

We could arrange a free short lesson to discuss a way forward without obligation;
Please use the online form at my website or directly contact this email address
[email protected]

Alan Swinburne
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.29%
I don't have everything I need (309)
43.71%

Watched Threads