The Student Room Group

Always told I will never get a girl because I'm too nice

I never get a girl because I get told I am too nice and will only ever be a friend how do I become a bad boy

Scroll to see replies

Just be yourself and u will get one!!
I can categorically tell you that being 'nice' does not inhibit a guy from getting a girlfriend.
Nice guys always finish last I am afraid, i find them quite weak
Don't change to be 'bad'. I personally would like a nice boyfriend over a bad one. But make sure you're not being nice just to please women and get a girlfriend because that isn't good.
Original post by Anonymous
I never get a girl because I get told I am too nice and will only ever be a friend how do I become a bad boy

It's not necessarily the case that you're ending up in the friendzone because you're 'too nice'. It's to do with approach. Anyway, if you have to ask 'how to be a bad boy', you're never going to be one. And that's not a bad thing :smile:
Original post by Tatum yang
Nice guys always finish last I am afraid, i find them quite weak

You sound like an abuse victim.
Original post by Reality Check
It's not necessarily the case that you're ending up in the friendzone because you're 'too nice'. It's to do with approach. Anyway, if you have to ask 'how to be a bad boy', you're never going to be one. And that's not a bad thing :smile:

I was just about to say this very thing, but you beat me to it lol.

Seriously, you need to get over this "Girls only like bad-boys" mentality.

As I am, frankly, sick to death of saying, SELF CONFIDENCE is the key here!

It's true, by their very nature, bad-boys have self confidence... but so do a lot of other types of people. Think of a character like James Bond... oozes self confidence, and women love him... but no way would anyone describe him as a 'bad boy' would they?!?

I know what your next question will be "How do I get confident?" Again, it's the wrong question! A far far better question to ask yourself is "Why am I not confident?" Ask yourself that question time and time again, and eventually you'll get your answer. Then address those issues in your life and that will build your self confidence. Then *Shock-horror* girls may suddenly start noticing you more.

There’s nothing wrong with being a “nice guy”. If you’re nice that means you have great qualities and is very likeable. You shouldn’t change who you are for a girl. Improving yourself? Yes! But being “bad” isn’t something you should force yourself into doing :smile:
Reply 9
You can be nice, but you have to also have confidence and ideally an ‘untamed edge’. I like this in girls too, although it always backfires
The reason people say nice guys finish last isn’t because women don’t like you, it’s to feed their obsessive need to find a “bad boy” and turn him into a “nice guy”. See your what they want as the end product, not the beginning.

From,

a female
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Old Skool Freak
I was just about to say this very thing, but you beat me to it lol.

Seriously, you need to get over this "Girls only like bad-boys" mentality.

As I am, frankly, sick to death of saying, SELF CONFIDENCE is the key here!

It's true, by their very nature, bad-boys have self confidence... but so do a lot of other types of people. Think of a character like James Bond... oozes self confidence, and women love him... but no way would anyone describe him as a 'bad boy' would they?!?

I know what your next question will be "How do I get confident?" Again, it's the wrong question! A far far better question to ask yourself is "Why am I not confident?" Ask yourself that question time and time again, and eventually you'll get your answer. Then address those issues in your life and that will build your self confidence. Then *Shock-horror* girls may suddenly start noticing you more.

It’s a bit stupid to use a fictional character like James Bond as an example. This is a real life scenario, not the plot of a spy movie. Also, James Bond literally kills people for a job, and you think nobody would call a man who does that a “bad boy”? Riiiiiight, sure. By that logic, all the roadmen unemployed drug dealers surrounded by girls all the time begging for their attention must be saints.

The real question you should be encouraging OP to ask himself is “what are some of the ways I can improve my self confidence”? As in, things that real genuine guys do to improve themselves.
Original post by bimbibap
The reason people say nice guys finish last isn’t because women don’t like you, it’s to feed their obsessive need to find a “bad boy” and turn him into a “nice guy”. See your what they want as the end product, not the beginning.

From,

a female

Very rarely do I agree with girls on here when it comes to discussions about relationships. But you hit the nail on the head.
id prefer a nice guy over a silly bad boy anyday
just saying
be yourself
you dont need to change yourself to live up to other people's needs
because there's gonna be girls out there that love how kind you are (:
please, don't change yourself for other people.
you want a girl to fall in love with you, not some false bad boy cover.
l am the very same l was born with the good guy genes l cant turn bad l was not born to be bad
Original post by Zarek
You can be nice, but you have to also have confidence and ideally an ‘untamed edge’. I like this in girls too, although it always backfires

“Untamed edge” translates as big displays of masculinity such as lifting heavy in the gym, playing aggressive sports like football and rugby, and being the alpha in the room. Any guy that does all of these and gets into fights with other guys = automatic attention from girls.
As the girls get older they realise they want the good guys, please don’t change especially in today’s society it’s hard to find a loyal, trusting partner because of the whole hookup culture. My boyfriend is so nice and sometimes I wonder why doesn’t he do anything wrong ? He’s honestly the best thing to happen to me and he makes me so happy, there will be a girl out there just like that for you it just takes time.
Be yourself.
boy not true, Im a nice guy, dated over 18 girls so far
Original post by AM.TSR
Be yourself.

The most hollow and useless advice any guy could hear when they’re struggling with girls.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending