dshabani
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I am currently answering a question to an essay that asks me to write about moments of surprise in any fiction of my choice. I was wondering if anyone knew any novels I could read which could help me with this question?
susan590
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Verity by Colleen Hoover!
dshabani
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by susan590)
Verity by Colleen Hoover!
Thank you!
TabithaFord99
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by dshabani)
I am currently answering a question to an essay that asks me to write about moments of surprise in any fiction of my choice. I was wondering if anyone knew any novels I could read which could help me with this question?
I'm afraid I've never heard of either the author or the title that the other poster suggests.

For any coursework/examination question, you should be considering a literary (preferably canonical) text. So - I'd suggest "Jane Eyre" by Charlotte Bronte - you can choose several moments from this novel - for example when Jane discovers that Rochester is already married, or discovers that she has become an heiress. Charles Dickens' "Great expectations" is also a good option. There are many short stories you could also pick - Saki is a good place to start.
Hyperbolit
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by dshabani)
I would recommend Shirley Jackson's "The Lottery" - it's a short story, and a classic tale with a twist ending. Definitely a good example for analysing surprise in fiction.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (394)
56.61%
I don't have everything I need (302)
43.39%

Watched Threads