Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok..
    So ive tried everything im not obese or anything.. id say curvy
    But i want to loose weight from my leg/ thighs
    Any tips!!!

ReputationRep:
    You cannot spot reduce fat, you have to lose weight/fat across your whole body.

For fat/weight loss tips check out the sticky, the SEARCH button and google.

ReputationRep:
    Cardio is good. Long runs are also good as you will go into the fat burning zone. Hill walking is also good. But like the above poster says, you cant spot reduce fat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indie_couture)
    Long runs are also good as you will go into the fat burning zone. .

nope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bebbs)
    nope.

*hangs up trainers* bye

ReputationRep:
    Long runs helped shape my legs up (over 5 miles).
    As did long walks, but at a brisk pace. Squats, inner-thigh exercises, hiking, anything that really works the legs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megs925)
    Ok..
    So ive tried everything im not obese or anything.. id say curvy
    But i want to loose weight from my leg/ thighs
    Any tips!!!
    do skipping, will really condition your legs and make them better looking

ReputationRep:
    I see my "nope" was not sufficient, so I will copy paste someone elses opinion on the matter of steady state cardio:

The only time LSD (long slow distance) is necessary is if your going to compete in a sport that requires it. It is far inferior to CrossFit-type metcon for producing an increase in VO2 max, it interferes with power and strength production, it can be quite catabolic and immune-suppressive in high doses, it destroys muscle mass, and the people that do it usually wear silly clothes. Read the stuff on the CrossFit website regarding this, and you will learn many good, important things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bebbs)
    I see my "nope" was not sufficient, so I will copy paste someone elses opinion on the matter of steady state cardio:

LSD seems to be good for weight-loss:

LSD or Steady State cardio is characterized by a continual pace and heart rate throughout the duration of the cardio session. This type of cardio typically burns more calories; however, since the heart rate isn't raised as high as in HIIT, the sessions are typically longer. This can sometimes result in muscle loss, especially for a competitor dieting for a show.

The benefits of steady state cardio include more calories burned, increased cardiovascular fitness and endurance, and little impact on joints.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/alissa23.htm

ReputationRep:
    The important fact is: This can sometimes result in muscle loss,
    Yes HIIT burns less cals, but burns more fat overall, Burning fat is good, burning Lean body mass is bad. And theres the EPOC affect.

ReputationRep:
    It's not so much that LSD is bad, it just doesn't really do anything that high intensity cardio doesn't do better. Except burn calories, but this can be achieved by cleaning up the diet. I've heard long and boring arguments about why using fat as a respiratory substrate during cardio is supposed to be bad and therefore the only LSD you should do is walking (which apparently uses glycogen, although I don't understand why), but I'm not sure I buy it.

Alan Aragon's post on bodybuilding.com is relevant, so are the posts of Nu_Nutrition_Ts on myprotein.co.uk, although the latter is often a bit too extreme for my liking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burningnun)
    It's not so much that LSD is bad, it just doesn't really do anything that high intensity cardio doesn't do better. Except burn calories, but this can be achieved by cleaning up the diet. I've heard long and boring arguments about why using fat as a respiratory substrate during cardio is supposed to be bad and therefore the only LSD you should do is walking (which apparently uses glycogen, although I don't understand why), but I'm not sure I buy it.

Alan Aragon's post on bodybuilding.com is relevant, so are the posts of Nu_Nutrition_Ts on myprotein.co.uk, although the latter is often a bit too extreme for my liking.

i reckon you feel more alive.. (translate higher metabolism?)..

.. i watched a program about a woman swimmer, because they have more fat, she got the record for some swim 'down under'.

ReputationRep:
    I've seen people say steady state cardio is better for burning fat and less catabolic than HIIT.

ReputationRep:
    Even though burning fat is a catabolic process?

ReputationRep:
    Squat many much weight many much times.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone!!!!
    I will report back after a few weeks on this topic to see hahaha!!!
    Oh and the thing about spot loss weight or w/e it was called thats ok... cos i could do with losing a general bit of flubber !!!
    Thanks again!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ch0c0h01ic)
    You cannot spot reduce fat, you have to lose weight/fat across your whole body.

For fat/weight loss tips check out the sticky, the SEARCH button and google.
    how many times have you posted that now? :p:

ReputationRep:
    whats so funny about fat legs? I dont get the thread title :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I find it funny.. i spose cos its personal . I dunno. Cos its cute .

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 3, 2008
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.