Barnardo's charity shop help!!

Watch
Reviser101
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hey guys,
I applied to volunteer at Barnardo's charity shop and I got invited to a selection meeting. For any of you that have been invited to this, can you please tell me what happens during the meeting and if it means that I can volunteer. Also, what do I wear to the meeting?
Thanks xx
Plantsarelife
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I don't remember if they called it a selection meeting for me but they just asked me to fill out a few forms on why you want to join, your skills etc. and then I had to sit there and read loads of files for two hours! It was so boring but I loved volunteering after it!
Wear anything casual.
Reviser101
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Plantsarelife)
I don't remember if they called it a selection meeting for me but they just asked me to fill out a few forms on why you want to join, your skills etc. and then I had to sit there and read loads of files for two hours! It was so boring but I loved volunteering after it!
Wear anything casual.
Thanks for replying. What did you actually do when volunteering?
Plantsarelife
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Reviser101)
Thanks for replying. What did you actually do when volunteering?
I would sort out and tidy the shop floor so like put the clothes in size order, organise them in different ways, clear aisles for like Christmas stock etc.
Or I'd price items and then put them out which was what I enjoyed. And on the side I'd help customers and chat with them.
If you're over 16 you can work the till too.
Reviser101
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Plantsarelife)
I would sort out and tidy the shop floor so like put the clothes in size order, organise them in different ways, clear aisles for like Christmas stock etc.
Or I'd price items and then put them out which was what I enjoyed. And on the side I'd help customers and chat with them.
If you're over 16 you can work the till too.
thanks my first shift is on Monday so this helped x
Plantsarelife
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Reviser101)
thanks my first shift is on Monday so this helped x
No problem!
Hope it went well
sumayaaa
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey,
I don’t know if you’re still active but how did your first shift go? Im really nervous as i have a selecting meeting on Wednesday after school and this is my first proper interview kind of thing (i flopped the ones at school). What type of questions did they ask and how long did it take for you?
Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (95)
28.44%
No - I have already returned home (44)
13.17%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (62)
18.56%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (33)
9.88%
No - I live at home during term anyway (100)
29.94%

Watched Threads