gcsescreweduno
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I recently and stupidly crammed for my mocks last week, however what feels weird is that I'm sure if I revised more extensively I wouldn't have known any more. I do feel however I need to revise much more for my real a levels and practice exam technique. How much revision did or do you normally do ?
scienceishguy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by gcsescreweduno)
I recently and stupidly crammed for my mocks last week, however what feels weird is that I'm sure if I revised more extensively I wouldn't have known any more. I do feel however I need to revise much more for my real a levels and practice exam technique. How much revision did or do you normally do ?
Hey!

What subjects are you studying? Firstly, it is not about how much revision but the quality of revision... is this revision strategy working for you? I remember cramming for my mocks and I found that having more time to prepare for revision, choosing the strategy of revision and checking to make sure that the form of revision has worked by testing myself.

All you can do is learn from the mocks and improve yourself (if you want to). I used a study planner to organise my time, locating times in the day where I could not revise (anytime before 10 am - blocked out as NO REVISION straight away), knowing what subjects I need to cover and the best method to revise this. I found:

- For definitions = flashcards, the video link below explains how to use flashcards in the most productive way!
- For processes (science etc) = mind mapping the whole process over and over so it becomes second nature in case you're asked to draw, essay or asked anything about it.

Disclaimer: I mostly studied sciences at A-Level so subjects can vary and my way of revising is not for everyone.

This guy went to my secondary school and college and he created a series of videos on how to revise and best make use of your time. I'll drop this here in case you are interested: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...wards+revision

Good luck with your revision and A-Levels!! Feel free to drop a message or reply if you have any questions!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (19)
19%
I'm not sure (2)
2%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (28)
28%
I have already dropped out (3)
3%
I'm not a current university student (48)
48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed