Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oldspeak)
    Have a nice birthday by the way!

cheers :top2:

but i know my mum is telling the truth. she told me this morning in an argument, so the only reason she told me was to be spiteful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilina)
    :rofl: you have no idea how funny that is. my parents are completely against drinking, and all for being with family rather than friends.

i'm not relying on them, but i don't think its that much to ask that he at least acknowledges the fact it is my birthday?

tbh i just needed to rant. so sorry if i offended anyone coz i complained about my dad :rolleyes:

also i was never told santa was real
    i must say you have a fine pair of parents there! never telling you santa was real!

STUFF 'EM!!!

BTW: you didn't offend me, i do realise people have fathers, everyone does, sperm has to come from somewhere, it was just my initial reaction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chantalcompowder)
    i must say you have a fine pair of parents there! never telling you santa was real!

STUFF 'EM!!!

BTW: you didn't offend me, i do realise people have fathers, everyone does, sperm has to come from somewhere, it was just my initial reaction.
    lol everyone finds that amazing. i was never told as a child that santa was real. i never got presents from him either, so i always thought i had been a really bad child

ok, i didn't wanna offend everyone, i realise i am lucky to have both my parents still, i'm just a bit annoyed that one of them is ignoring my birthday.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

same with me, but only when i stayed awake all night once to see the tooth fairy

i was very disappointed :sadnod:
    haha yeh, my mum claimed she just came in to fluff my pillow while suspiciously hiding my tooth behind her back. I also remember writing crafty letters to the toothfairy asking for one hundred pounds in four installments. :yep:

anyway, whatever happens on your birthday, have yourself a nice time with friends if not family. x

ReputationRep:
    parents are generally ****ty - have fun with friends instead

ReputationRep:
    They might have thrown you a suprise party, although you don't make it seem likely. To be honest, if one of my parents wouldn't do something about my birthday, I'd be very pissed at them, but the best thing is just to go and do something with a few friends.

Anyway, a friend of mine was feeling that his parents didn't do enough for his 18th either and he got a suprise party, so maybe you're lucky, but simply don't know it yet. Are you the oldest btw?

And if your parents don't do anything special, just try and ignore it and do stuff with friends.

ReputationRep:
    lol i'm the second from youngest. why?

i know i am definately not getting a surprise party.

ReputationRep:
    lol everyone finds that amazing. i was never told as a child that santa was real. i never got presents from him either, so i always thought i had been a really bad child

ok, i didn't wanna offend everyone, i realise i am lucky to have both my parents still, i'm just a bit annoyed that one of them is ignoring my birthday.
    You are not showing off, therefore you should be sorry for nothing. Anyone who might have been offended should of picked up the hint in the title.

Or should we be sorry for having 2 arms and 2 legs where some people have lost limbs?

Or should people be sorry they went to college when other people didn't?

ReputationRep:
    Just say to your Dad; fine I'll go out then with friends.. If he insists you don't then maybe he is planning a surprise party?

ReputationRep:
    lol everyone is very keen on this surprise party idea

i will let you all know on sunday if i get one or not

ReputationRep:
    it does sound like a surprise party
    well let us know if it happanes i am curious!

ReputationRep:
    lol yea don't worry, i will post on sunday and let you all know

i should do a poll

'is it actually a surprise party, yes or no?'

ReputationRep:
    As childish as it is, I'd ignore him.

Happy Birthday for Sunday by the way. :party:
    Hope your day is good one way or another. :^_^:

ReputationRep:
    They could be throwing you a surprise party. Just wait and see :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Webbykinskt)
    just ignore him... what a ****. Just go out with your friends instead and mention how fun it was.
    He's a **** because he hasn't bought a card yet?

feck sake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absurd)
    They could be throwing you a surprise party. Just wait and see :dontknow:
    i love that everyone is so optimistic about that

but why would my mother have told me in an argument that my father hasn't done anything for my birthday?

ReputationRep:
    Also, my dad never gets me anything (well everything rest of the year but not birthdays) - I just don't see the need for him to get a card that means nothing.
    I'm happier knowing he's alive and well - whilst paying the heating and leckie bills.

Heating is a gift too

ReputationRep:
    lmao! true, heating is a gift. . . that my mum pays for, just like she pays for my food and everything too.

ReputationRep:
    i love that everyone is so optimistic about that

but why would my mother have told me in an argument that my father hasn't done anything for my birthday?
    If it is a surprise, why would she want you to know? And what does it matter now, anyway? You don't know for certain whether or not he has done anything, so just wait and see. I don't see what you're trying to achieve through this thread, sorry. Not speaking to him would be childish, as would a confrontation. I don't see what you can do other than be patient and wait.

ReputationRep:
    ok, my 18th is on sunday, and i just found out my dad hasn't got me anything for it. not even a card. normally on birthdays we also have a family meal out with all my siblings included (there are five kids). but this year my dad is refusing to ask any of them to a meal.

what would anyone else do in this situation?
    Perhaps it's meant to be a surprise. Wish for the best. Oh, and happy birthday in advanced

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 1, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.