Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilina)
    lol everyone is very keen on this surprise party idea

i will let you all know on sunday if i get one or not
    If there isn't a surprise party, come back to the thread and we'll throw you one.:yep:

:ninja:You'll have to act surprised though.:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    lmao! true, heating is a gift. . . that my mum pays for, just like she pays for my food and everything too.
    So long as there's heating; there's love.:yep:

Nothing screams " i don't like you" like smashing the double glazing in your room and removing the radiator.

It's the subtle dialogue we Scottish have amongst our family that sets us apart from the rest of the world. We operate on a completely different level.

ReputationRep:
    You could ask one of your siblings to mention it to him in a really subtle way. And then get them to tell him off if he still hasn't got you anything. Are your siblings subtle people?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah its a long time ago

I hope you get something on your birthday

But if you come along ill leave you a happy birthday post and maybe some +1 rep :O i know amazing

Happybirthday anyway cause ill probably forget

ReputationRep:
    ok, my 18th is on sunday, and i just found out my dad hasn't got me anything for it. not even a card. normally on birthdays we also have a family meal out with all my siblings included (there are five kids). but this year my dad is refusing to ask any of them to a meal.

what would anyone else do in this situation?
    The first thing I thought of is a surprise birthday party. He's gonna get you all down and then BOOM on Sunday, it'll be a huge SURPRISE. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allthewayhome)
    He's a **** because he hasn't bought a card yet?

feck sake.
    you'd think the same if your father was such a let down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Webbykinskt)
    you'd think the same if your father was such a let down.
    Speaking before the cattle grazed eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allthewayhome)
    Speaking before the cattle grazed eh?
    why are you so defensive, this has nothing to do with anything. I made my opinion, which is allowed, and that was it. Just get over it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Webbykinskt)
    why are you so defensive, this has nothing to do with anything. I made my opinion, which is allowed, and that was it. Just get over it.
    To be honest, I wasn't being defensive at all. Really, I wasn't. However, what I was doing was making a comment on her you spoke without the full understanding of my situation. You made an assumption about me which I'm not going to validate or denounce by explaining.

Not defensive just stating that you spoke about me with a knowledge about me that you don't have.

ReputationRep:
    You should be grateful you have a father!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharp910sh)
    She didn't say that she wasn't grateful...

All she did was start a thread about a small issue she's having with him and asked for advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vampyrcorn)

All she did was start a thread about a small issue she's having with him and asked for advice.
    My dad never bought me anything, now hes gone. I would rather have a father, than a 50 quid voucher or something.

ReputationRep:
    My dad never bought me anything, now hes gone. I would rather have a father, than a 50 quid voucher or something.
    At least you met your father. You should be grateful you met your father.

ReputationRep:
    If you had actually bothered to read any of the posts, you would see that a couple of times i have meantioned that i realise i am lucky to have a father and that others don't and that i don't mean to cause anyone offence with this thread.

so please, instead of just coming on here and complaining, read the whole thing, then tell me what issues you have with me

k?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HJV)
    At least you met your father. You should be grateful you met your father.
    Well yes, but I'm not complaining thhat my father doesn't buy me stuff. He didn't buy me anything, I didn't care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vampyrcorn)

thanks

i find it amazing how ready everyone is to rip you apart for anything you say.

ReputationRep:
    Well yes, but I'm not complaining thhat my father doesn't buy me stuff. He didn't buy me anything, I didn't care.
    i wasn't complaining, i was stating he wasn't getting anything, and asked what others would think and do if they were in my place.

ReputationRep:
    It's your 18th.. why don't you just go and get wasted like everyone did? And I'm sure you will get a present.

ReputationRep:
    i don't drink.

ReputationRep:
    Drink then.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 1, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.