Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    You must have pissed him off? Idk, id be pretty upset if I were in your situation. Since you will soon be a man, i would sit down with your dad and talk about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spadez)
    You must have pissed him off? Idk, id be pretty upset if I were in your situation. Since you will soon be a man, i would sit down with your dad and talk about it.
    i beg your pardon? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he's getting you something on Saturday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharp910sh)
    My dad never bought me anything, now hes gone. I would rather have a father, than a 50 quid voucher or something.
    To you and everyone else who has a similar view - then shut up.

I don't have a dad, I won't go into further details, but that does NOT mean I should spam a thread with comments on how lucky Emilina is because she does have a dad. She didn't say "I have a dad, be jealous people!" She asked for advice, and the advice you are giving is not really relevant to her situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilina)
    ok, my 18th is on sunday, and i just found out my dad hasn't got me anything for it. not even a card. normally on birthdays we also have a family meal out with all my siblings included (there are five kids). but this year my dad is refusing to ask any of them to a meal.

what would anyone else do in this situation?
    :woo: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!:woo:

Nice sig. btw.:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Happy Birthday!
    How did it turn out?

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the birthday wishes

no present

no party.

ReputationRep:
    Happy Birthday
    Did you ask him why?

ReputationRep:

no present

no party.
    ahhh babe, i am really sorry to hear this x

ReputationRep:
    :party: :music: :tea: :juggle: :congrats: :bath: :trytofly: :diep: :kart: :hoppy:

Sorry about your padre, but I guess it is all up to you to have a good day... so go out, have fun, treat yourself to something nice- stay out late- do something crazy!!

Happy B-Day

ReputationRep:

no present

no party.
    Sorry to hear about that...Your dad may be going through a rough patch. But yea, I think you should talk to him to ask why the sudden stop in tradition and if there is something wrong.

Happy belated birthday anyway, dear.

ReputationRep:
    And people who keep putting their own problems in this thread should really stop... This isn't a who is worse off than who thread. So it's pretty silly to go "At least you have blah blah blah"

OP didn't say she's not grateful for having a dad and a family but is just asking for advice on how to react to a situation that she's never experienced before and just seems so out of the blue/out of character.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ga89)
    And people who keep putting their own problems in this thread should really stop... This isn't a who is worse off than who thread. So it's pretty silly to go "At least you have blah blah blah"

OP didn't say she's not grateful for having a dad and a family but is just asking for advice on how to react to a situation that she's never experienced before and just seems so out of the blue/out of character.

thanks

ReputationRep:
    :console: Maybe he has a suprise lined up? Other than that, I can only empathise with how bad you must feel Em.

ReputationRep:
    well I would ask him :confused:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 1, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.