The Student Room Group

Does anyone feel the same?

I cant deal with girls who have had multiple sexual partners and ex boyfriends previously. I always feel that if the girl was so perfect those guys would have kept her, people are not stupid

Another thing is i find it very difficult to show deep love to a girl who has had other previous partners there's alot of trust issues, it takes so much effort to determine whether she is trust worthy and wont speak about me to her ex boyfriends when they end up meeting

I think i could be friends with a girl like this where she uses me and i use her but i dont think i could give me true love in case these things happen

What are your thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

i kinda get you. idk why but id prefer dating a guy who's had only a few partners before. if he's had loads then what does that show about him as a person you know?
No I get that :s-smilie:
Reply 3
It's not always the girl who is the 'problem'. It can be both people in the relationship that decide to end because they both agree they're actually not compatible. It's true a relationship can't work if there isn't trust, but trust is earnt and she has to trust you too, it works both ways.
Reply 4
hahaha

no
Reply 5
Original post by gjd800
hahaha

no

Why not?
Reply 6
Original post by HypeMan2020
Why not?

because i don't have odd trust issues
that's why you get it first then leave
Reply 8
Well no one is perfect. If you think your partner is perfect then you have a warped view of them and the world.
No.
Set up detailed dating deal-breakers about the type of relationship & gf that you want and stick to them.
Avoid dating any girls who are incompatible with your lifestyle, values and sexual preferences.

I'm female, have always walked out of relationships once I realised we were incompatible and have a long list of dating deal-breakers that I update regularly.
Original post by gjd800
because i don't have odd trust issues

Its very reasonable to have trust issues under this scenario
Just like how its reasonable to have trust issues when boarding an old worn out plane
Original post by Mara.M
It's not always the girl who is the 'problem'. It can be both people in the relationship that decide to end because they both agree they're actually not compatible. It's true a relationship can't work if there isn't trust, but trust is earnt and she has to trust you too, it works both ways.

Its much easier to trust a girl without previous partners, when shes had previous partners her emotions are still attached to some other person. Especially if she has slept with the guy 1000's of times and released dopamine and oxytocin then she will most definitely have formed a subconscious emotional association with the guy
This makes it very difficult for me to show deep affectionate love to the girl
Woah have you ever thought that maybe the girl ended the relationship with them because they were a douchebag? Or that maybe the guy cheated? Or 100 different reasons and scenarios that cause breakups to happen? You're assuming the reasoning

If it's just sexual partners then it wasn't anything to do with how good of a girlfriend she was.

It's very very rare you stay with the first girlfriend / boyfriend you have as well, you live and you learn about how to be a good partner, about yourself and what and who you are looking for. Sometimes the first relationship you have is pretty ****. My ex for example, was a manipulative and psychologically abusive jerk, who turned out to be someone completely different who he pretends to be. I'm sure if he had a relationship before me he would have been a lot lot better boyfriend.

And you'll happily have sex with the girl or be friends with her but not have a relationship with her?
This is going to sound kinda controversial but boys do move around girls a lot and they do tend to cheat more than girls... they get bored a lot easier. Just because she has slept with people previously doesn’t make her a bad person but it’s okay to have a preference if you want them to have a low body count etc. Just because other people didn’t want to stay with her doesn’t mean there is something wrong with her they might have been too young, it was just for experience... get to know them and see how u feel about that girl don’t go off past experiences.
Original post by Anonymous
Woah have you ever thought that maybe the girl ended the relationship with them because they were a douchebag? Or that maybe the guy cheated? Or 100 different reasons and scenarios that cause breakups to happen? You're assuming the reasoning

If it's just sexual partners then it wasn't anything to do with how good of a girlfriend she was.

It's very very rare you stay with the first girlfriend / boyfriend you have as well, you live and you learn about how to be a good partner, about yourself and what and who you are looking for. Sometimes the first relationship you have is pretty ****. My ex for example, was a manipulative and psychologically abusive jerk, who turned out to be someone completely different who he pretends to be. I'm sure if he had a relationship before me he would have been a lot lot better boyfriend.

And you'll happily have sex with the girl or be friends with her but not have a relationship with her?

That begs the question, why would you not analyse the person who you will consider your romantic partner. If you lack analysis in your relationships where else would you lack analysis? Could i trust you to analyse our business together, because those are the very same skills used to find a good mate. If that is what she wanted and that is what i wouldn't mind then i would have sex with the girl, not only sex ofcourse but 'using' meaning you help me with work and i help you with work, like sharing a post or whatever related to work. But i wouldnt never allow myself to fall deeply in love with the girl i do this by making sure i always have other girls to speak to
No because I’m not insecure
Original post by Geraldthegoat
This is going to sound kinda controversial but boys do move around girls a lot and they do tend to cheat more than girls... they get bored a lot easier. Just because she has slept with people previously doesn’t make her a bad person but it’s okay to have a preference if you want them to have a low body count etc. Just because other people didn’t want to stay with her doesn’t mean there is something wrong with her they might have been too young, it was just for experience... get to know them and see how u feel about that girl don’t go off past experiences.

Nobody says shes a bad person, but there is definitely 'something' wrong with her, just what is it is the question
Okay then ask them then ? Ask about their past relationships and why things ended.
Original post by Geraldthegoat
Okay then ask them then ? Ask about their past relationships and why things ended.

If if she lies? You cant always trust what someone says, you have to analyse their actions
Everybody thinks they're the best
Original post by HypeMan2020
Nobody says shes a bad person, but there is definitely 'something' wrong with her, just what is it is the question

There is something wrong with people who simply just enjoy dating and casual sex without having to tie themselves down to 1 person? That's a very narrow minded and outdated view and quite unfair tbh. I have had several partners and engaged in casual sex and casual dating and there is nothing wrong with me. I don't consider myself a horrible person or someone who is disloyal at all.

I trust you are living by your standards too and are a virgin yourself? Or at the very least have only had 1 previous girlfriend? As I'm sure you know you generally have to be what you're asking for from others.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending