How often do you get asked out? Dry spells Watch

atoms4peace
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
well if you're not going out as much anymore that's probably the reason. Nights out is basically the only place i meet people. I haven't been "asked out" much persay but i usually get a phone number or two everytime i go out which may or may not materialize into a date.

If i didnt go out i would have no love life at all :s
yhal
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
erm properly asked out just the once i think. ooh no, twice. one when i was about 15 and that was a one off so i forgot about him at first. the other is now my boyfriend and im 19. thats quite depressing having thought about it... 4 years...
Dooze
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Only actually asked one bird out in the past 2/3 years. She said yeah and we dated for about 8 months until about March of this month.
I've not really tried or owt since then though, I'm proper shy, which is a bit of a ******* since being a bloke usually got to ask the girl out. Been asked out a couple of times in the past though, about 3 or 4 a couple of years ago though.
Goodkat
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Guys are always expected to do all the running...

Maybe you could ask someone out you like, rather than assuming they are psychic and are going to ask you? :p:
Scotty10
Report 10 years ago
Maybe because you refer to them as 'Birds'? :curious:
samfree91
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Redpanda91)
I've never been asked out in seriousness. How sad is that? I'm 17... it really sucks sometimes but I'm waiting for the right one to come along
in the same boat as you there!
Redpanda91
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by samfree91)
in the same boat as you there!
Aww don't worry, we still have time! We'll find someone
samfree91
Report 10 years ago
Aww don't worry, we still have time! We'll find someone
just got to sit back and wait for that right person, it just seems to be taking a long time! and its not fun waiting! then you start to think... am i ever going to find anyone!
Redpanda91
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
just got to sit back and wait for that right person, it just seems to be taking a long time! and its not fun waiting! then you start to think... am i ever going to find anyone!
You're only 16! (I looked at your profile lol) And you're starting college soon, so there Plenty of opportunities! As for me.. another lonely year of 6th form before uni =(
samfree91
Report 10 years ago
You're only 16! (I looked at your profile lol) And you're starting college soon, so there Plenty of opportunities! As for me.. another lonely year of 6th form before uni =(
All my friends are in relationships, and when they go out and i go, i am on my own! and its not fair, and there is no one in my 6th form who would look twice at me! I like people, just i dont have the guts to tell them!:confused:
Redpanda91
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
All my friends are in relationships, and when they go out and i go, i am on my own! and its not fair, and there is no one in my 6th form who would look twice at me! I like people, just i dont have the guts to tell them!:confused:
Same here Just got to be patient, I'm in the same boat so not really sure what to suggest! Don't want to just be going out with someone for the sake of it though, it's not good.. trust me on that one :p:
Don't fret!
yhal
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Then there'll be lots of new people at uni I was the same as you til then (I dont count the random date when I was 15 it was that bad).

Plus loneliness might = better A levels and the uni you want. Or was it just me sad enough to think like that...
Symbea
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have been asked out about 5 times in my life by girls. My tactic is never ask anyone out and if they really want you then they'll ask me you out.

...I'm sadly far too uncool to play hard to get.
samfree91
Report 10 years ago
Same here Just got to be patient, I'm in the same boat so not really sure what to suggest! Don't want to just be going out with someone for the sake of it though, it's not good.. trust me on that one :p:
Don't fret!
I am not fretting, i am waiting patiently.... you never know i might blirt out to the girl i like, that i like her, and she might do the same! there is always hope!!
Uni will do you the world of good, get out there and party! meet some guys and let them know that your single!

I would never go out with someone for the sake of not been single... why do you think i have been single for so long! haha
NiceWeatherForAirstrikes
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Symbea)
My tactic is never ask anyone out and if they really want you then they'll ask me you out.
Ditto, sounds pompous but actually i'm just a huge wimp. It's worked so far anyway.
Symbea
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by NiceWeatherForAirstrikes)
Ditto, sounds pompous but actually i'm just a huge wimp. It's worked so far anyway.
Oh yeah, mine is purely out of not having a desire to be rejected.
Rouge
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by em[ily])
aww aren't we all a sad bunch
I bet all the people saying never don't ever go out. Do you sit at home expecting people to call you up?

If you're female and ever go clubbing/pubs/parties/walk alone on streets, you're bound to be asked out by some guy, try it!
But it will probably be a pervy stranger
Leigh.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've been asked out at least twice, perhaps 3 times due to the weird situation but rejected them.

I've asked out one girl and managed to get her.

Patience is the key.
samfree91
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Leigh.)
Patience is the key.
well said, and thats what i am trying to use! as take that sing have a little patience!
Rouge
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I can't believe some guys have only asked one or two girls out in their life, from what I know of my guy friends, they approach any reasonably attractive girl and have the attitude of the more you try the higher the chance of getting lucky
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (813)
80.5%
Leave (197)
19.5%

Watched Threads