Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Never! But I'm a guy so perhaps less likely, and obviously not top of the game.

ReputationRep:
    Other than people making fun of me, once.

It's always better to be alone than in a bad relationship I say.

ReputationRep:
    Never been asked out. My first bf, who I'm with atm, we kind of just evolved into a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    There have been a definate lack of dry spells recently - Im doing quite well for myself at the moment! It really is all in the attitude - if you dont seem like you need a girlfriend/boyfriend, you will get offers - just carry on having fun and it will sort itself out, no doubt at all youve got to be happy with yourself before others can be happy with you!

I had one strange dryspell after I broke up with my very nearly perfect girlfriend before uni - she was perfect for me in every way, dark, refined, funny, sexy. mmm. Im almost over her now :p: I had a few forays - three girls in total during the year, but nothing at all serious - I simply wasnt up for it. Im not the hottest guy, but im not bad and I do quite well with women - so most of my friends even started to assume I was bi or something :p: (which is partially true, but nvm :p:) I had so many girls I could have pursued, but just didnt - I simply wasnt in the mood. It was like I say, a very strange dryspell :p: Luckily it ended emotional-relationship wise (whereas the three others were just sexual where they did all the pursuing) near the end of term, although not for very long...And we didnt break up on particularly good terms which kinda hit my confidence again, just as I was getting back up from my ex before uni! Id also never been cheated on in any measure before, so it was kind of a double blow - I just couldnt see what I had done wrong or what I had done to deserve it luckily I have had an amazing summer and made tons of progress - it was just a temporary kick in the balls and im rather ecstatic with my life now - only a few problems I need to solve now

Im a bit worried about dry spells once I get to uni - Ive been hanging around pretty uh..intensely with this girl over the holiday, and we both know its going to end soon! I tried to finish it earlier so I dont start to like her more (but I already do pretty much - shes lovely ) but that ...didnt work :p:

Im guessing im going to pay for this with a huge dryspell when I return to university...Noooo Nah just kidding, im going to be a sexual tyrannosaurus!

:p:

Sorry about the lifestory, but I just needed to reiterate that its all about you! I wasnt happy with myself, a bit down after the perfect girl and me finished, im not sure but I think you project an "Emotionally unavailable" sign to all those around you in that case :p: As soon as I picked back up I was fighting them off! Work on your own self and sense of happiness and the rest will fall into place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iced_dragon_agility)
    Never been asked out. My first bf, who I'm with atm, we kind of just evolved into a relationship.
    Thats how I much prefer it - its always been so much better for me if Im friends with them first and then it progresses Come to think of it, Ive never been asked out on a proper date, ever! Im not counting "We should go grab a coffee" or "lets meet up some time" btw - but an official date. Girls are so old fashioned

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Desperate Prayer)
    Thats how I much prefer it - its always been so much better for me if Im friends with them first and then it progresses Come to think of it, Ive never been asked out on a proper date, ever! Im not counting "We should go grab a coffee" or "lets meet up some time" btw - but an official date. Girls are so old fashioned
    I'm not even sure how one would go about asking someone on an official date :p: Would it be something like "Hello. I find you rather attractive and was wondering whether you would like to grab a coffee. Please sign here so I can declare this an official date"... then they might be scared off

ReputationRep:
    4 years for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Son of Makuta)
    Hey, I waited 18 years before I first came across someone interested in me. Don't sweat it. ^^
    i waited 17 years, seriously didnt even have a girlfreind till i was 17!!, now in my 6 form ive had 4 gilfreinds in the last year, ****ing sound mate, when you wait for something so long, you appreciate it so much more:yep:

ReputationRep:
    I was last 'asked out' in 2006.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm lets see im a lad, i was last asked out in year 10 and i'm going to uni so about 3-4 years lol

i get complimented by girls but never asked out damn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hercules)
    i waited 17 years, seriously didnt even have a girlfreind till i was 17!!, now in my 6 form ive had 4 gilfreinds in the last year, ****ing sound mate, when you wait for something so long, you appreciate it so much more:yep:
    Damn right.

Awesomeness.

ReputationRep:
    Always. Never been asked out.

ReputationRep:
    4 years ago by my first boyfriend

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 10, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.