How often do you buy a new mouse? Watch

purplefrog
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
So far, I have more or less ended up buying a new mouse every year or so. I don't know whether it's just me or this is normal? I'm not even a gamer so I don't ever really get the opportunity to frantically click to fire a trillion bullets into my enemy etc.

And I don't buy cheap mice either, all of mine so far have been logitech ones circa £50 (its now starting to drive my dad mad that I ask him for this on what is now a yearly basis)... I'm beginning to get the feeling that they send out a signal after 12 months to make the mouse disintegrate :ninja:
Mattgeezer
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Why do you have to purchase a new one? What goes wrong?
Milady de Winter
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Every time my cat catches the old one...

:getmecoat:
Candescence
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Think I've had this mouse 2-3 years. I'll be getting a new one next week but that's only because i'm buying a laptop and i'm not using the stupid touchpad all the time -_-. I am a gamer but I'm using some £15 keyboard+mouse combo, i'll probably end up buying the G5 next week.

If you aren't a gamer why do you need such an expensive mouse?
Fawn
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I just use the cheapo laser ones - works for me and they last quite a while. Still have some of the old beige ones sitting around somewhere!
purplefrog
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Mattgeezer)
Why do you have to purchase a new one? What goes wrong?
generally the left click doesn't become as responsive and soon I gota click several times just to do a single click. I always try putting in several new batteries and that comes to no avail. and I doubt its the receiver.
spikeymike
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I always buy a cheap corded optical mouse... never had any problems at all
mollymustard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've got a cheapo optical mouse and have had it for 5 years with no problems.
You might as well get a corded one if its breaking every year or so...
steeler4life
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Since i started at uni, i've bought 3. They just keep breaking! I got a cheaper one, a more expensive one, a ball mouse, an optical mouse... they just kept breaking. Finally got one that's lasted more than 2 months.
Anony mouse
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
We're not cheap, we don't have special lasers, and those chords you talk of are our tails!

Ah humans! :rolleyes:
Mithent
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Probably every 3 years or so, all fairly decent mice. In the reasonably recent past I've had two wireless Microsoft Intellimouse Explorers and now a Logitech MX Revolution. I'm pretty fussy about my mouse being a particular ergonomic shape, which has turned me off most Logitech mice.
affinity89
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've had my current mouse for about 4 years and have never had any trouble with it. I am sometimes tempted to buy new ones because of a certain design feature etc but as mine works perfectly well, I usually don't bother.

It is very similar to this one (although I don't think they make the exact one any more).

I have a basic wireless one as well, somewhere, that works perfectly well. I don't use it all that much though as it came in a set with a wireless keyboard, which is also often ignored. I like my proper, all be it huge, corded keyboard too much.

omicronlyrae
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
um. well, before this, which i've had for 5 months, my last mouse was 2.5 years old and the buttons had started to go wrong.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Roughly, every 3 years. It always ends up looking scruffy because the buttons begin to wear away ^^
hellojess
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I honestly don't know why you need a new mouse every year. How hard are you clicking?! You must have steel for fingers.

I change mine.. Actually, I don't even think I've ever changed mine. It came as a set along with the tower and the keyboard.
ooze
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have never bought a new mouse.
D.Lewis
Report 10 years ago
I gave up on fancy cordless & optical mice a few years ago. I see nothing wrong with an old-fashioned ball mouse
Mattgeezer
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Best bet is to next time find one with a long guarantee
Spongebob*No*Pants
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by D.Lewis)
I gave up on fancy cordless & optical mice a few years ago. I see nothing wrong with an old-fashioned ball mouse
Nothing wrong!!!
I have a ball house and hate it lol!!
It's like i have to clean it thoroughly inside before i can even begin a counter strike game ¬¬
username72629
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have bought 2 mx revolutions in the last 18 months, but thats because I lost my first one after a year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1411)
79.67%
Leave (360)
20.33%

Watched Threads