Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hiya im going to get a Golden retriever puppy in a couple weeks and I've been getting weekly updates of my chosen pup.
My question is that she seems to have a couple skin folds where her muzzle is (she is 5 weeks old).
I looked up videos on 5 week old golden retrievers and they didnt seem to have any skin folds.
IS THIS NORMAL IN A GOLDEN RETRIEVER PUPPY?????
The woman told me the skin folds will grow out when the pup grows, but I wanted other peoples advice just incase.....
wychy2000
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
By skin folds do you mean like a sharpei puppy? and are both parents of the puppies purebred/ and have been seen with the puppies? Its not something ive seen, but it could just be extra skin for your pup
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by wychy2000)
By skin folds do you mean like a sharpei puppy? and are both parents of the puppies purebred/ and have been seen with the puppies? Its not something ive seen, but it could just be extra skin for your pup
Well, not as intense as that at all. The puppies skin folds are only on the muzzle (between the eyes and tip of it's nose)
The golden retriever puppy will be KC registered, the mum and dad are both golden retrievers (have seen pictures) and I've seen the mum with pups but I don't know if KC registered means its a purebred.
They are on the darker side when it comes to golden retrievers (red) and lean more towards the field type goldens. I just wanted to know if I should be concerned about the skin folds or not
wychy2000
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Well, not as intense as that at all. The puppies skin folds are only on the muzzle (between the eyes and tip of it's nose)
The golden retriever puppy will be KC registered, the mum and dad are both golden retrievers (have seen pictures) and I've seen the mum with pups but I don't know if KC registered means its a purebred.
They are on the darker side when it comes to golden retrievers (red) and lean more towards the field type goldens. I just wanted to know if I should be concerned about the skin folds or not
That sounds completely normal if both parents are present. Especially if its just the one puppy that has it
wychy2000
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
That sounds completely normal if both parents are present. Especially if its just the one puppy that has it. Could just be a little extra skin on the pup
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (57)
39.86%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (24)
16.78%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (6)
4.2%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (15)
10.49%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (15)
10.49%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (12)
8.39%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (14)
9.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed